Heatsink question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Heatsink fashion #2

Here it is, a stand up version of that autocad drawing.

The caps and the toroids are in place and i bolted one resistor and an apple for scale purposes( for those in the other side of the pond that can´t live with the metric system ;-)

Actually I'll put a light bulb in series with the primary of the transformer to work as a soft start circuit.

I couldn't find any lamps to work with a "son of zenlightment" configuration (down here we have 220V... so it would take about 8 lamps... :-(

S#?T!

here is the picture

Attachments

• soz2.jpg
    soz2.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 1,179
Well Jason,

the heatsink came from www.allutronic.com and costed €550 both including transport. (they came a month after the order)

The caps I bougth them from www.farnell.com (phone or fax order only, at least for my country)

they are 150000uF 50V and costed €124 4 units. (they ship in the next day!!!)

call pedropo@netcabo.pt or icq 28513660 for more details or autocad drawings of the case and component layout.

I'm in Lisbon, Portugal.

For the caps u can use farnell because their shipping rates are low ( for me they take €7 every order nomatter what)

Fot the sinks.... well the transport costed me €100 because of the shipping weigth.. ask the transport price before you order something from europe.

Re: Heatsink fashion #2

PedroPO said:
Here it is, a stand up version of that autocad drawing.

The caps and the toroids are in place and i bolted one resistor and an apple for scale purposes (for those in the other side of the pond that can´t live with the metric system ;-)

The resistor is maybe a bit on the hi-tech side, but the apple is a good choice. Or maybe a rock. ;)

GP.

Heatsinks In Toronto, Canada

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Reply to JasonL

If you live in or near the GTA, Active Surplus usually has an excellent selection of large heat sinks. The 2 used in the pictures above were $10 CAD each, I sandblasted them, machined a frame and fashioned faceplates al with $50 CAD worth of material. The P/S is in a seperate enclosure.

Regards

Anthony

I live in Prince Rupert B.C canada and it is verry hard for me to find caps now and heat sinks every thing else i can find and get but them 2 things...

What were your pics of that you posted..

do you know of any we addresses for links to serplus stores.. or phone numbers..

id like to get some heat sinks for my aleph 5 ..

Jason

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.