• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Heatsink - Modified Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey – I may be interested in 4 of these Conrads, but have a few questions. The M&M’s looked better to me though, plus I liked the milling option.

1. Will they be black anodized?
2. Do amps built with these run cool enough? They are less sq. inches than some.
Looking to build paralleled F5 mono blocks.

Thanks,
Dave

Dave,

I like the M&M option better as well and yes the M&Ms are black anodized. Plus M&M is willing to ship all of the heatsinks directly to each buyer, which is really great especially since my wife and I just had our second child. Dropping 1000 lbs of aluminum at my front door is not good for the waf.

I will continue to track interest in the M&M heatsink and may start a wiki since a few people have emailed directly. I want to start building my amps so I am ordering a small group of conrad heatsinks and I will have 8 available for sale. I am making them available in order of those who expressed interest first.

Because the AUD to USD exchange rate is still favoring the USD, the price is per heatsink is in the $40-45 range delivered via fedex express on any order of 10 to 14 heatsinks.

Nick

labjr said:
Oh I'd prefer nice heatsinks for the F5 too. I'm not sure more than 11 inches is absolutely necessary since most of the boards are small. Can always go a little higher. They just need to be heavy enough.

OK, If you double the height of a heatsink you only get 50% more cooling. If you double the width of the sink you double the cooling. Heat rises.

Conrads Available

Cowboy thanks again for the Conrad tip. The exchange rate shifted a few points in the time I was investigating the purchase, but still a great deal.

I ordered 14 MF35-151 heatsinks. 4 are spoken for and 4 are currently available. 2 more may become available. The price is $43.06 per heatsink plus shipping. They do not fit in the usps flat rate box, but I can ship 4 via UPS ground for roughly $25 to most of the US...of course you will only pay the actual shipping cost.

Any takers please let me know.

Nick

I am glad they arrived safe and sound. I started building my amp with the conrads, they look great if I say so myself. But please be careful when tapping these sinks, the aluminum alloy is really soft. Drilling is easy but the tapping requires some patience and the tap is constantly clogged. I have one stripped tap, so lots of oil and if you have a portable drill with an adjustable clutch I recommend using it to drive the tap. I can usually run the tap with my clutch set at 3 or 4 (range 1 - 24), but with this heatsink I am keeping the clutch set at the lowest setting #1.

Enjoy, Nick

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.