Heatsink Design like NIRO and wanted for ZEN/Firstwatt SE projects - where to order?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Magura, that isn't a problem around here. It isn't that they are of poor quality, it's just that it's cheaper to replace than repair around here. Therefore I find a lot of old Briggs and Stratton and Tecumseh's that are discarded.:D So finding multiples of the same design shouldn't be a problem. I have a friend with at least six lawnmowers laying around his place, some I gave to him. I imagine I could acquire a couple engines without any problems. Perhaps I gut the engine and put the circuit inside the cylinder bore. Use the entire engine housing as the heatsink!
Peace, Dave
very interesting approach

On Grammar...

Us non-native English speakers learn from you, we might as well learn correct grammar;)

Magura :)

Okey dokey, here's a hint: Make that "We non-native English speakers... "

Simplify it, and you find that you wouldn't say "us learn from you". Us is objective case vs. subjective case for we.

All that said, your English is pretty darned good. I lurk here a lot. Maybe too much!
:cool:

Hallo Dave,
I cannot say about the reached thermal resistance (Rth, K/W - the smaller it is, the better).
0,5 - 1 degrees/watt are useful. If the value higher, only push-pull class AB is to realize.
Because of the lack of black anodizing the Rth value is naturally higher at same heatsink surface with present black anodizing.
If the reached value below 1 degrees/watt for such a engine block, then Mr. Nelson Pass would be also pleased.
regards
Andreas

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.