• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

HDMI arc to I2s to a B3pro

Joined 2007
Paid Member
The main obstacle is the HDMI connector but there are work-arounds. I've done it using an 'HDMI audio extractor'. There are many inexpensive options. The one I use is designed to pass the HDMI (in and out) and send the audio separately through Toslink. That easily drives the B3 via SPDIF. If your TV (or other video hardware) is always involved, many have direct Toslink output, which may be a bit jittery but the ESS DACs are stellar with that source. I love the effect that good sound has when enjoying good programming!

F.

I read the ad, it says "
Note:
- The picture of the product is for reference only, and the right to improve the product is reserved. Please refer to the actual product. Thank you for your understanding!"

I guess the board you get is pictured in the ad, unless they "improve" the product? Anyway, based on the pic in the ad.....

1 is Ground
2 is MCLK or Master clock.
3 is LRLK or Word clock
4 is BCLK or Bit clock
5 is SDATA or Data
6 is DSD ON ??

On the BIII Pro,
DCK is Bit clock so DCK to BCLK (4)
D1 is PCM LRCK(Frame clock) so D1 to LRLK (3)
D2 is Data so D2 to SDATA (5)
Ground on DAC to Ground (1)

Looking at that board, I would run in asynch mode, that is use the clock on the DAC.

Attachments

• 1662070055510.png
    1662070055510.png
    382.9 KB · Views: 122
  • 1662072228161.png
    1662072228161.png
    95.4 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
I did receive the board a few weeks back. It looks legit. I'm in the process of moving right now and won't have a suitable workshop till December unfortunately. But I will find out for sure. I'm hoping it works as I'll use this for a great room setup and a living room setup.