hbtaudio - Who am I

Perhaps it is time to introduce myself briefly ...
And that is no easy task. What might interest the users of this forum.

I have to think about it for a moment and dig into my memory.

First of all,
  • the year of birth: born 1968, male
  • the short form of my name: HBt.

More in a moment ...

As a child, I was only interested in my sport. But I recognized my interest in physics. After leaving school, I asked myself what I wanted to become one day. I needed a job at some point in my life. I spontaneously decided to study electrical engineering and communications engineering. I graduated in the late 1980s and became a soldier in the German Navy.

The most important thing for me, however, is to thank my great teachers, tutors, professors ... and I owe thanks to my sport. It has often saved me in difficult life situations. Even today, I am still moved by the memory of all my friendly teachers (and their incredible knowledge).

But what about the audio stuff?

Well, my record player needed an equalizer and as a teenager I had no idea what that might be - of necessity it sparked my interest.
Later, my buddies brought their amplifier kits and asked for support.

I bought a Technics SU-V50 because I was fascinated by its error correction.
While a friend told me how great he thought his NAD 3020 was.

We smoked, drank coffee, mate and lots of beer. He trained as a mechanic at Porsche and I ...

Coming back soon

In the 1990s, I had to decide whether to be a soldier or a civilian. I met my wife, in love at first sight ... and accepted the first really good job offer. And that was a stroke of luck. Analytical measurement technology, a small melting pot of electronics engineers, physicists, chemists ... and they took the young man on, giving him the opportunity to develop freely. Shimadzu is the name of my employer, I was still a child (so young and innocent). I was deeply impressed and proud.

Besides the professional work and my serious attempt to design a halfway decent speaker. I was completely occupied with the interesting problems of our customers.

Slowly I needed more time for amplifiers and sports. In the meantime, some people around me noticed the affinity. They wanted to convince me that their Musical Fidelity A1 and their high-end turntables were better than my SU-VX800, SL-1210MK2 and all the Yamaha stuff.

They all dreamed of their high-end studios and wanted to set up their own business in this sector. Cute.
But I didn't want a second job. All I offered was my support. And so we had a decade of fun. But I had to leave this circus, it wasn't my world.
In the meantime, I was married and I asked myself the question: What's next? Back to the navy or to university? Quit my contract with Shimadzu Coperation and completed my studies, graduated and became a father.

I needed a job! By chance, I became a teacher. A few years later, I decided to go to the local university, majoring in measurement and control engineering. Unfortunately, full-time jobs are detrimental to sports. And so I commuted back and forth.

All the audio stuff at the same time. My own circuits. I was slowly getting older.

Perhaps I should be more brief:
In the eighties and nineties we Germans had the magazine Elektor and the ELRAD ... and I was asked again and again why don't you build your own stuff. At some point I did, today I don't even want to count the many projects anymore.

I am really fascinated by amplifiers. No matter what kind, power, instrumentation, charge ... it doesn't matter.

Always rooted in physics.

Anything else of importance?

Kind regards,
HBt.

Reactions: 1 user
Hard facts alongside the story:
I am well trained in analog and digital data processing.
An autodidact, with more than one interest. Unfortunately, you can only concentrate fully on one thing.

I look forward to a friendly exchange of ideas.

HBt.

Reactions: 1 user