Have the DIY Synergy speakers doing (almost) linear phase

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
synergy with ribbon

Oh Yeah Baby! Now we are cooking. This sounds awesome Sergey. Which Akip Lab(Akip lab - Professional ribbon speaker manufacture) ribbon are you using? Where did you get them and how much did they cost? Which Celestion drivers?

Would love to see how this build progresses.

This is Awesome!
Keep us up to date(you should start a thread)

FYI: BWaslo has built a Synergy with compression drivers and even recieved help on the crossover from Tom Danley.

ok, got a hold of myself now...got a little exited;)

thanks
Shane

Aloha Shane.
I din't start it yet.

I'm not sure that my project will helpful. The thing is I have no way to measure it, and the Synergy project without of it... would be a mess.

First I wanna try to build the 'pseudo' Synergy with JBL 2225h, two Grundigs and those ribbons TSG PA 106 Ribbon Horn Tweeter Professional | eBay
(I got two and the seller kindly cut the shipping cost on half!)

I love vintage German extended range speakers, I use to compare tens of modern mid-drivers including very expensive like PHY-HP. And no Scan Speak, Fostex, Morel and others can give you that magic of reality. PHY was very close thought.
So the idea is to load all those drivers -Ix15, 2x10 (or 2x8) and ribbon in some kind 'acoustic leans' or waveguide to get at least some kind of Synergy. It's not going to be a horn loaded, but... ???? ???.png
All critics are welcome!;)

It's easy locate drivers acoustically centered. As long as all enclosures will be the 'closed box' there should be no phase issue. The crossover willbe active between bass and the rest. I'm looking the range 70- 300/400 for 15". 300/400 -1200 for midrange. And 1200 and up for ribbons.
Those ribbons looks like Beyma TPL150 clone, but i'm not sure how good they are.
The only thing is that I have to find right angle for Midrange drivers. But other problems will show up of course.

And then... I'll try to build the Synergy as Paul Spencer did, (I got same Celestion drivers trough group buy TF0410MR) or maybe someone will come up with Synergy Ribbon solution.:) And will compare.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.