Harman Kardon HK 620 transformer is dead

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
R407 is a 3.3R fuse resistor. It has infinite resistance because it is blown. You should definitely not replace it with an ordinary resistor from your local parts store!
Too late Now, that i have placed normal resistor of the same value, could I blown something else? Or should I get fuse resistor, and all should work?

There are several fuse resistors in the HK 620. R407 is used in the 38 V rail prior to the VA-stage. It is blown because of a shortcircuit to ground, either caused by a bad component or your repair attempts.
So, those green ones, most likely are fuse resistors? Maybe you know, what could go wrong if normal resistor is placed instead of fuse one?

I advise you to bring your HK 620 to a competent and knowledgeable HiFi repair service.

While this is a very good advice, that saves alot of time and probably money, but it is not compatible with diy spirit But, i am actually saving money for another amp, most likely I'll try to find good second handed, couse i like amps of 90'ties for some reason. But until then, I just want to give all can, to fix this amp, becouse it's way too interesting to give it to someone

Its hould work with ressitor you changed, even its not a fuse ress. Obviosly you have more damaged parts. Again, check the PS voltage, check the transistors, ressitors, diodes. When you will be SURE that all components are ok, connect the PS through resistor of 10 ohms/1-2W. You will need one ressistor for + rail and another one for - rail. If all is fine, ressitors will not get to hot and there will be no smoke. But if there is still something wrong, ressistors will get smoked, and you should turn off the amp quickly!. This aproach will protect the amplifier electronic of further damage.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.