Hand Made SATA Cable for CAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
This feedback came from a audiophile in Germany
------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Sir,
may I introduce myself:
My name is *****and I am the designer of the *****speaker.
Furthermore I am a computer audiophile as well,
running jplay on a dedicated music pc with a lot of SotM SATA Filters and more.

I have seen your cable on diyaudio.
comand I am very curious to get a cable.
I would be glad to receive your feedback.

Thank you in advance!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
reply:
Hi,
I am happy to offer you silver sata cable
And I recommend you remove SotM SATA Filters first
Then replace both O.S.disk & Music File disk sata cable
And play music direct from Music File disk with Foobar
You could compare to "SotM SATA Filters+Jplay"

In this case,
I will ship 2pcs of 60cm silver sata cables to you
Just let me know your shipping address
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr. Pang,
The cables arrived and I installed them on my PC.

I had in general 4 SATA cables (SSC, 2HDD, CD Drive) and removed all and installed yours on the SSC (with Win 7 OS on it) and the other on the one HDD with music.
I let my SATA filters from SotM in place for the first testing.

What to say? I was a huge improvement on the sound.
Much more naturallness in the tone colours and harmonics much more resultion and staging. Incredible.
The only drawback was that I first had the impression of less punch in the bass.
Today I listened again and the bass was o.k.;
may contact settlement or burn in of silver cables.

Overall the improvement is huge.

My system consists of a
- dedicated main power chord in the wall
- Fuructech wall outlet
- Fono Acustica Armonico PC
- Vertex AQ Hi-Res Taga distributor block (2 - one one the digital component; one on the analog)
- Vertex AQ Hi-ResJaya Shunt filters (5)
- PC (feed with Fono Acustica Armonico PC)
- silver SUB lead
- Human Audio Tabla USB/SPDIF converter
- Vertex AQ Aletheia DAC
- Vertex AQ Hi-Res interconnects and speaker cables
- Thrax Dionysus and Spartacus - preamp and poweramp
- Kaiser Kawero Speakers
- 7 Lessloss Blackbodies
- 6 Steinmusic harmonizers
- 32 Tchang sugarcubes
- dedicated room acoustics (more than 60000 Euro invest) with custom tuned absorbers and diffusors

-Analog:
-Kuzma Stabi 4 XL with 4 point tonearme and My Sonic Lab Emminent cartridge -Audio Research Reference 2 phono

I am so satisfied with your cables that I would love to exchange the other Sata cables in my PC as well.

Thank you very much

So the claim is that the SATA cable changes the sound when the signal goes out the PC over USB, is converted to SPDIF by a Human Audio Tabla USB/SPDIF and converted by a Vertex AQ Aletheia DAC behind that.
Must be i have to rethink my understanding of digital. Strange at least!

I am telling you that good sata cables make a huge improvement on the sound
And offer curious audiophile sata sample for FREE!!!

Because your rude remarks
I won't offer sample anymore

I believe you will see commercial audio grade sata cables in a short time

I don't know ppastudio...unless you can somehow prove your claim with specs or waveform data that a serial ATA data cable can somehow alter and improve analog audio signals I think your going to have skeptics. Nobodies being rude, were just skeptical and calling it as we see it. Just you saying it's so doesn't mean that much...anyone can make claims.
Selling any cable assembly commercially will require you to have it tested and certified as electrically safe and not capable of injecting additional noise into a computer system anyway, so without specs it's just another homemade "use at your own risk" kind of DIY cable.
You haven't even told us how much you want for this cable yet....have you?

So, a fair test then.
Instead of using 4 devices, use 2, and change the software. Any changes you hear will definitely be the cable, and not the changes to PSU loading, effects on signal and power traces on board, less loading on OS in device usage (and potential memory fragmentation {slim chance but, possible}), and the different playback software being used.

So far it is only anecdotal evidence. Having worked on numerous projects over the years involving analogue/digital systems and still do, I am very sceptical. Hearsay is not evidence or results we can investigate, it just is... and will know doubt get messianic followers of the myths and psuedo science, but does nothing to realy further the cause of computer audio.

Naw, not even that, the silver will not affect transmission speed, thats down to the dialectric (Er) and cable construction...
I better shut up as it has been pointed out on other threads that my ears, system and general metal state are defficient, and not up to the standard required, though last night I did listen to my cables, it sounded like tinitus in E minor.

I am reading on several places of the net lately many individuals are clearly arguying against known science which is very well undertstood. They of cause prove nothing but call you deaf if it doesn´t work for you. PC things that only can work or not are suddenly prone to all kind of audible things. Only some stupid theory about some bits feel more comfortable and done.
This audiophile wacko PC market is just being created. This is done especialy by people that want to earn some money and just prepare their market these days. Also some self-proclaimed PC experts that fiddle with some settings and proclaim all kind of things. Since these days even apes find their way to the internet they´ll always find some that will be gullible and buy into these things. I don´t want to know how many PMs ppastudio received from some of these already.
You may see some anger in my words but especialy with these people arguying will be very difficult and even one of them can´t be convinced by 10 well reasoning engineers and facts. Their learning curve often enough is pretty much a straight flat line. Just lately in here i saw again how some misinformed member was told how it works when he did a technicaly wrong statement. Two days later, another thread, same stupid resoning as before...
I didn´t contribute much on diyaudio the last years but today i even wonder if i should wurry about such places at all anymore.

As mentioned earlier on i believe the change in sound is entirely coincidental and has nothing to do with errors in data transfers. A large, possibly effective antenna, made out of silver. For some reason silver does have an effect on audio used as an analogue conductor. Don't think anyone understands why. FWIW i once knew someone who tried a silver antenna in their Schumann generator and claimed a great improvement. Then, there is the "Groundside electrons" thread. Just food for thought. Of course, this being "digital" is just an invitation for all the sceptics to have a field day :)

:headshot:

You guys are going to be surprised what the programmers of the original codec and the lame codec programmers have to say about this, MP3s that is.

Is it legal if I post email copy here when the authors of said asked not to be involved.
The lame devs? Do i understand you right that you contacted them for help? They hang around at Hydrogenaudio often. You may start a thread of your findings over there.
Will be some fun and may even last a few hours before it goes to the recycle.bin there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.