Hamilton/Toronto Area: Anywhere to get LM3875 in person?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I gave up waiting for an answer so eventually i bought a Hammond donut from digikey. I was less then impressed with the quality, it gave me the right voltages and the amp works fine i think for the $$$ it should have been built better. Next time i think ill try getting a Avel or a Maryland transformer. BTW if your ever in the downtown toronto area visit Supreme electronics. They carry some very nice connectors, they must be knockoffs but they are great. I have a whole bunch of the RCA connectors for $2.50.

The August issue of AudioXpress arrived today and an article in there mentions another toroid manufacturer located in Etobicoke called Sumner Technologies.

http://www.sumr.com/default.htm

The author only says good things about the company and the transformers he received. So... if Plitron doesn't work out it would seem there is yet another option on this side of the border to try. He also says their prices "beat any of the well-known manufacturers.

good luck

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.