Halcro - The Worlds Only Super Fidelity Amplification Products

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's a bad idea to buy any expensive piece of equipment where the numbers have been removed from critical parts. You're betting that:

the unit will never break, and if it does,

the manufacturer will still be around (poor bet in high end audio),

and if the manufacturer is still around that they will still support the product (grrrrr, let me tell you about my experience with Linn...)

and if they still support the product that they will not price the parts at some ridiculous tab.

Halcro Gone..

Looks like you were right.. They've gone bankrupt so far as I can tell. They no longer answer the phone listed in the white pages and the girl that does says they have no forwarding number. Lots of people have some *very* expensive amplifiers that they ought to be very careful with from now on by the looks! Parts number ground off.. sheez. I thought ARC were evil for that. Moral: Don't buy stuff if the part numbers are ground off!

or so they chose to print on their pcbs... :p lol

for an hour today at work, I washed pcbs....

then for quite some time after that, I ground the numbers off the ic's so people couldn't copy the design... :xeye:

hmmm...

Looks like you were right.. They've gone bankrupt so far as I can tell. They no longer answer the phone listed in the white pages and the girl that does says they have no forwarding number. Lots of people have some *very* expensive amplifiers that they ought to be very careful with from now on by the looks! Parts number ground off.. sheez. I thought ARC were evil for that. Moral: Don't buy stuff if the part numbers are ground off!

Which service center anywhere in the world is able to repair the audio amplifier devices from Halcro?

It's a bad idea to buy any expensive piece of equipment where the numbers have been removed from critical parts. You're betting that:

the unit will never break, and if it does,

the manufacturer will still be around (poor bet in high end audio),

and if the manufacturer is still around that they will still support the product (grrrrr, let me tell you about my experience with Linn...)

and if they still support the product that they will not price the parts at some ridiculous tab.

Which experience by which components?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.