H|H Audio V800 Amplifier Information

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have just acquired one of these H||H V800 beasts. It is supposed to work but I haven't yet powered it up. This was apparently about to be scrapped and my cousin managed to grab it for me. Does anyone have a schematic / manual for this available? I'd like to strip it down, clean and recap if it proves to work.

I've had it in my main system wired directly to my CD player and sounds great. Absolutely no compression at any volume and my speakers go very loud now .... addictively loud!

The sound is very balanced in my system where it was too bright before. Perhaps it's a warm sounding amp.

Bad points:
Very pronounced transformer hum. This doesn't change when plugged into my mains conditioner.

If I could get rid of the hum then I'd use it in my main system after a good re-spray and re-cap!
Hello..
The mechanical hum may be due to a small inbalance in the secondary windings, from schematics I see it uses only one bridge rectifier, you could wire it to dual bridge, and add some good snubbers, it might reduce human, also place trafo on soft rubber feet.
Nice oldschool amp by the way.
Thomas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.