Guitar->ADC->process->amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Guitar->ADC->process->amp

Hi, I'm new to DIY boards. I came here to seek resources for a project I'm about to begin.

It would be a device to tune down or up an entire guitar.
You would play on a standard tuned guitar and the sound would be one of a tuned down 1 step guitar, or another setting.

I have a little background in microcontroller and logic circuits, as well as analogic electronics.

I looking for leads to what is best to use for a project like this. What should I use? FPGA? I just don't know exactly what to start researching.

If someone could help me get on track it would be greatly appreciated!

also, i've seen people talking about DIY projects, i can't find those. Is there a section with detailed project example on the site? or is it just a general term people use to talk about their do-it-yourself projects? if it's the first, maybe i could find something similar in those projects.

Thanks

This is a DIY audio forum, so the projects are scattered around in various threads.

It sounds like you want to build a pitch shifter. To get decent sound quality you'll need a lot of DSP power. I suggest you start out by using your computer for processing. Once you have a signal processing algorithm, you can then figure out how many operations (multiplies and additions) you need per second. Then you can consider a standalone hardware platform such as a DSP or FPGA.

Googling turns up a lot of useful stuff, such as
http://www.dspdimension.com/admin/pitch-shifting-using-the-ft/

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.