Guess the album title

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
here we go on a trip....

Attachments

• 5-9-2013 11-18-03 PM.jpg
    5-9-2013 11-18-03 PM.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 92
Technically Tappi Tikarrass (Cork The Bitch's A$$) is the band name, not the album title which is "Bítið Fast í Vítið" and translates to "Bite Hard Into Hell". Björk was a member of several punk bands before the Sugarcubes. Spit & Snot, Jam-80 & Kukl to name a few. Years ago I was a collector of everything Björk and bought my copy of this from a collector in Finland, who got it on eBay from someone here in the states. So mine has a few trips across the pond on it, but is in very good condition.

I really thought once stefanom identified it as being from Iceland, it would go quickly. The clues "little girl", "China girl" and "birch tree" (Björk means birch) were there. A single wikipedia page on Björk's "early life" gave links right to the album. I mean Björk and Iceland go together like peanut butter and jelly.

RARE RECORD ALERT!!!

WILLIE AND THE POOR BOYS.JPG

Willie and The Poor Boys Self Titled LP NM Sterling Jimmy Page Free Dom | eBay

RARE RECORD ALERT!!!
"With Mick Jagger and Keith Richards bickering back and forth in the press during the mid-'80s (leading many to assume that the Stones were kaput), bassist Bill Wyman decided to fill up his newly acquired spare time by forming an all-star band, Willie and the Poor Boys. The group's roots lay in the series of high-profile 1983 ARMS Concerts (which raised money for multiple sclerosis research), which led to several of the tour's participants taking it a step further and laying down some tracks in the studio. Included in this stellar lineup were Wyman's Stones mates Ron Wood and Charlie Watts, as well as Jimmy Page, Mel Collins, Andy Fairweather Low, Kenny Jones, and Ringo Starr, among others, while Wyman also served as the album's producer. The resulting 1985 self-titled album was a pleasant enough set of 12 rock & roll/R&B standards (including "Baby Please Don't Go," which a promo video was filmed for), but certainly not anything musically earth-shattering. A self-titled home video was also issued the same year as the album, but little was heard from the group subsequently, leading many to believe that Willie and the Poor Boys was a one-off side project. Yet in 1994 (a few years after Wyman retired from the Stones), Willie and the Poor Boys reappeared once more, with the 12-track Tear It Up: Live."

BABY PLEASE DON'T GO - CAN YOU HEAR ME
THESE ARMS OF MINE - REVENUE MAN
YOU NEVER CAN TELL - SLIPPIN' AND SLIDIN'
SATURDAY NIGHT - LET'S TALK IT OVER
ALL NIGHT LONG - CHICKEN SHACK BOOGIE
SUGAR BEE - POOR BOY BOOGIE

Ok, the hints helped ;).

Dan.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.