• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group Purchase for CineMag Input Transformers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Without Paypal a pair of transformers from this groupbuy could even cost more than a direct order from cinemag. This because of the charge from the banks for foreign money transfers.

I don't know the price for a pair of transformers ordered directly from cinemag, but I do know they accept Paypal.

Ok, coming down to the home stretch (I'm ending this group buy Friday, August 12th at midnight Pacific Daylight Time).

I spent some time this afternoon working out the totals for domestic and foreign purchasers and here's how they break down:

2 TANSFORMERS, UNITED STATES

2 x $38.26 = $76.52
Postage: $3.85
Insurance ($80): $2.20
Subtotal: $82.57
PayPal Transaction Fee (2.9% + $0.30): $2.69

Total: $85.26

2 TRANSFORMERS, CANADA

2 x $38.26 = $76.52
Postage: $8.00
Subtotal: $84.52
PayPal Transaction Fee (3.9% + $0.30): $3.60

Total: $88.12

2 TRANSFORMERS, EUROPE

2 x $38.26 = $76.52
Postage: $10.00
Subtotal: $86.52
PayPal Transaction Fee (3.9% + $0.30): $3.67

Total: $90.19

For Bas and the tentative AndrewT:

4 TRANSFORMERS, EUROPE

4 x $38.26 = $153.04
Postage: $12.00
Subtotal: $165.04
PayPal Transaction Fee (3.9% + $0.30): $6.74

Total: $171.78

6 TRANSFORMERS, EUROPE

6 x $38.26 = $229.56
Postage: $12.00
Subtotal: $241.56
PayPal Transaction Fee (3.9% + $0.30): $9.72

Total: $251.28

Those who want to pay with a postal money order in US dollars will just pay the "Subtotal" amount given above.

I'll be working this weekend on sending out the PayPal invoices to those paying with PayPal. Those wishing to pay via PayPal and who haven't done so already, EMail me your PayPal account name and your maling address ASAP.

Those paying with a postal money order in US dollars, EMail me for my mailing address and include your mailing address.

In both cases, use "CineMag Group Purchase" for the subject.

se

Hi,
I see you are still quoting $38 or so, are we over the 50 yet?
Then I will throw my lot in and go for 6 cinemag transformers to help us get there.
Do we have the option of mixing the order; some bushing and some bolted? If so I will go for the cheaper bolted version. Finally PayPal is the easy way to collect the monies from various sources and then a cheque (does this mean anything in the far side of the pond?) to Cinemag for the total to avoid a further % uplift.

AndrewT said:
I see you are still quoting $38 or so, are we over the 50 yet?

Not yet. We're at about 40 (there have been a couple of orders made privately via EMail).

Then I will throw my lot in and go for 6 cinemag transformers to help us get there.

Thanks. Though keep in mind that how many get ordered will ultimately depend on how many actually follow through with payment and not just the number people have said they want.

Do we have the option of mixing the order; some bushing and some bolted? If so I will go for the cheaper bolted version.

I believe so, but I'll have to double check with David to make sure. The 3/8" bushing mount only adds $1.50 to each transformer by the way.

Finally PayPal is the easy way to collect the monies from various sources and then a cheque (does this mean anything in the far side of the pond?) to Cinemag for the total to avoid a further % uplift.

Yes, PayPal is the easy way but not everybody has a PayPal account nor wants to have one. So I don't mind those who don't to pay with a postal money order in US dollars. I'll be paying CineMag via PayPal and as far as I'm aware they don't add the transaction fee to the purchase and since whatever comes up short in PayPal comes out of the bank account I have linked to the PayPal account anyway and the transfer is free, so the postal money orders won't be any problem.

They're just a trip to the bank is all which is not far from me.

se

AndrewT said:
Do we have the option of mixing the order; some bushing and some bolted? If so I will go for the cheaper bolted version.

Ok, just got off the phone with David.

Yes, the order can be mixed as far as mounting options goes.

However if by "bolted" version you mean the one with the two 4-40 studs, that costs the same as the 3/8" bushing version. The version that's $1.50 less is the one with just the two holes for using two #4 self-tapping sheet metal screws (not to exceed 1/4" into the can so you don't screw into the transformer itself).

If that's the one you want let me know.

se

Hi,
I will go for the two holes for self tapping screws.
This saving plus the 50 units, if we hit it, will cut my overall bill by $20.

BTW. does the can need to be grounded or do the cables do that internally (by the screen)? If not then I will glue the cans to the chassis on a bed of silicone for some damping.

AndrewT said:
Hi,

BTW. does the can need to be grounded or do the cables do that internally (by the screen)? If not then I will glue the cans to the chassis on a bed of silicone for some damping.

This is how the CMLI 15/15B transformers are mounted in the two preamps I built using them. There is a ground wire that connects to the can. In one they are glued on top of the output transformer with a sheet of mumetal inbetween. On the other the are mounted horizontally to the chassis to save space. One has gorilla glue, the other barge cement. The rear wall imaging and height are better using the barge cement.
Look at the www.cinemag.biz website to see how they are wired.

George

AndrewT said:

Okie doke.

You want to go ahead and EMail me your particulars, i.e. PayPal account name and mailing address? Thanks!

There's a lead attached to the can and one to the screen. Typically these two are tied together at the ground point.

se

Ok, all the PayPal invoices have been sent to those who I currently have PayPal information on.

FYI, my PayPal account is under my business name, Q, so that's the name the invoices will be coming from.

Also, I oopsed on one or two invoices forgetting to put "CineMag Group Purchase" in the EMail title. I think the recipients were pekka and/or dr.strangelove3. Sorry 'bout that. Not sure what PayPal will put in the EMail subject but I'm sure it will be obvious it's from PayPal so keep an eye out.

That's it for now. I'm off to the back yard to get caught up on some weeding.

Have a great weekend everyone!

se

Ok, time for a quick update.

Still haven't heard back from Algar_emi or acliao. I've sent them both EMails asking if they're still interested.

Still have a couple of PayPal invoices that haven't been paid yet so I sent reminders out today. Also waiting on a couple of postal money orders to arrive.

So far we have paid orders for 22 transformers.

As I said previously, the order I put through to CineMag will depend on how many paid orders there are by Friday, August 19th.

That's it for now.

se

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.