• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group order of non-inverted LM4780 pc boards? Anyone interested?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
I received the last shipment of parts for the LM4780 kits. I also managed to get one channel working tonight. It seems to work rather well. I haven't done any extended testing, as I only have one channel finished. I will take some pictures once I can find my digital camera charger.

The kits should start shipping out this weekend. I will be putting together the shipment of parts for Peter tomorrow morning to mail up to him. (already mailed him some board for his testing).

--
Brian

So here it is, first two boards assembled ( as I believe Brian assembled only one so far ;)).

I got a bit sidetracked with my recent experiments with TDA1541 DAC, but yesterday I finally managed to put together those boards and today I hope to put it into a chassis and compare with 3875 chip (that's why I used similar components). It seems like leaving rectifier board connected is a good idea and I will feed two double bridges from common secondaries.

I must say that this board came up pretty nice actually and there is not a single thing yet I would like to change here.;)

It seems like double aluminum oxide insulators might work here, as they provide more than enough spacing on mounting holes. In that case a push bar would have to be used.

I will be experimenting with bridged configuration soon.

Attachments

• 478.jpg
    478.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 682
m0tion said:
Peter:

From your pictures it appears that you've used larger capacitors (physically) on one of your LM4780 amps than the other. Are the larger capacitors (physically) black gate? Are they higher capacitance? Why did you choose to use different capacitors on each of the LM4780 amps?

On one board are 1500u Panasonics. I tried them already in a protoype and they work fine. On the other board are 1000u BG STD, to show that they also fit the board.

1 1300 W halogen with an umbrella
2 A good tripod, very stable
3 White, silver and grey cardboards

4 Minolta F100 4MPx (an "old" camera now, 2 years old)
5 Remote control (in order to avoid vibrations)

6 Manual exposure
7 Manual focusing
8 Manual white balance
9 5 different exposures for each picture

That's it! :nod:

Hints: Don't mix different light sources => bad colours

Calibrate the white balance before each session.

Your latest picures weren't too bad. You only have to get a bigger white cardboard plus an additional to get more controlled relections.

I have never used a background. If you have a cardboard size 0,7 x 1 m (2.5' x 3.5') or so you won't need a background.

... ooh, I forgot... Photoshop of course.

1 Unsharp mask (a must!), Unsharp maks is like waxing your car. It simply gets better, a win-win situation :nod:

2 Make sharper (occationally)

3 Levels, sometimes

4 Contrast, brightness often

5 Colour balance, not often

I have not practiced so much using "curves" but this makes wonders also... but... nothing can be as good as a good taken picuture to begin with. Put most of your efforrts there and try also to handle those cardboards carefully so you don't get scracthes becuase this creates much work in Photoshop to remove.

peranders said:
1 1300 W halogen with an umbrella
2 A good tripod, very stable
3 White, silver and grey cardboards

4 Minolta F100 4MPx (an "old" camera now, 2 years old)
5 Remote control (in order to avoid vibrations)

6 Manual exposure
7 Manual focusing
8 Manual white balance
9 5 different exposures for each picture

Aaahhhh... I see you know what you're doing!:cool:
I can't leave my trusty Canon T90 because there has to be invented a digital (or whatever) SLR as good as this, and such a pleasure to use.
Probably the best manual-focus SLR ever made.:angel:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.