• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group Buy: Linear Systems LSK389 / LSK170 JFETs (i.e. Toshiba 2sk389/2sk170 subs)

Thanks for all the work Marc!
I have been thinking about trying to complement these
with 2SJ74's and I know there has been some discussion in other
threads, but as you recently stated that it is hard to pass
judgement, I think they may work allright together.
Anybody tried complementing these with the Toshibas yet?
Also I noticed Ampslab at least has listed the 2SJ74 as well
as some vendors on eBay. I heard there are a lot of counterfeits
out there but was wondering about experience from vendors
such as audiotek168 from Taipei, Taiwan?

coloradosound said:
Thanks for all the work Marc!
I have been thinking about trying to complement these
with 2SJ74's and I know there has been some discussion in other
threads, but as you recently stated that it is hard to pass
judgement, I think they may work allright together.
Anybody tried complementing these with the Toshibas yet?
Also I noticed Ampslab at least has listed the 2SJ74 as well
as some vendors on eBay. I heard there are a lot of counterfeits
out there but was wondering about experience from vendors
such as audiotek168 from Taipei, Taiwan?

well, I've purchased a number of 2SJ74 from our own Ruach, but I know for a fact his supply is dwindling. Personally, that's where I'd start. He was recommended to me by people here I trust, so ... If you'd rather go elsewhere, you can pay premium and buy from bdent.com. I realize they are more expensive, but it's not all that bad. IMHO, much better than ordering from Ebay.

I don't have plans to pair the LSK170 and 2SJ74, as I have stockpiles of both Toshiba parts. I do plan on jumping on the availability of the Linear LSJ74, but it looks like this may not happen until the Toshiba single FETs have been gone for a good while in order to build up demand. That's my guess at least.

The parts are still out there, you just seem to need to know who to ask.

The original 2SK170's Drain and Source are 100% interchangeable. I guess that is true for LSK170, too. Toshiba's 2SK240 is a package of two 2SK170 pasted on the flat surface together. The D/S pins on one of the pair is swapped, by the pin out sheet provided by Toshiba. Have fun!

Regards,
Satoru

Pingrs said:
With LSK170's, are the Drain and Source interchangeable? Makes pcb tracking easier with the flats together in a LTP.

Regards,

Brian.