ground question for PASS B1 Buffer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A question for grounding on the PASS DIY B1 Buffer . I can't seem to find the original B1 preamp-less version build guide onlineI used back when I bought the PCB and matched JFETS from the PASS store.

Power is from the recommended 18 volt .33 A SMPS and both input and output wire are braided solid copper bell wire . PCB is mounted on plastic standoffs to a metal Hammond Enclosure . Input Output jacks are isolated from the chassis and tied to the pcb ground .
If I introduce the B1 between source and amplifier it hums every time I touch the metal selector toggle switch or
the potentiometer and the DACT hums at the very last volume increment particularly.
Turning the amplifier all the way up I can hear a faint radio show .
I'm going to change the braided signal wire to shielded MOGAMI cable but wondered if I need to change the PCB to metal standoffs or ground the board to the chassis in some way ?
Has anyone else had a hum or ground issue with their B1 ?

Last edited:
The B1 preamp, this post got re-formatted and kinda screwed up, but still not bad

This comment on the pass forum diy build guide post #1 might mean the B1 Build guide has changed after I first built the B1 buffer back during the Christmas holidays in 2016 ?
The build guide I used might have even been on the Audio Circles or Audio Karma sites since it's been a while , although I couldn't find it on searches.

Today I will wrap a ferrite core around the power cord just to see if it helps with the RF noise .

Thank you for suggesting on taking a ground from 10R NTS on the board .
I don't see a Resistor marked R10 on the Schematic though :confused: .... and maybe someone could let me know what the NTS acronym stands for ?
Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.