Greater Toronto Area DIY meetup

We need someone with access to a condo party room or a church basement or community center. If everyone chipped in 5-$10 we'd easily pay the rental fee for an afternoon. I have nothing..

If I remembered correctly, quite sometime ago, Jaimo looked into renting a meeting room in the community center near his place. The price was fairly high and therefore this lead was not follow through.

I have also enquired with the Angus Glen Community center at Markham since there are meeting rooms that one can rent. A small meeting room that can accommodate upto 16 persons was $18.50/hour or $130 for a 7 hour rental. I "guesstimated" that for a 4 hour get together, the total cost will be around 100-110$. If more than 10 people participate, it will be about 10$ per head. I suspected that if we rent those rooms, we may not be able to play music at "loud levels".

Personally, I think once every 3-4 months would be good. All depends on how much interests are there.

Regards,

This all sounds interesting, if there's going to be a mailing list for information please put my name on it.

I don't get into Toronto very often but maybe I could join in on the rare occasion, all depending how accessible the venue is from Kitchener-Waterloo. I was in TO today, downtown, not aware of TAVES unfortunately.

If one of the aims is to encourage youngsters into the hobby maybe see if you can use a school gymnasium on a Sunday and open it up to high school kids - you might not have to pay anything so long as a teacher agrees to sponsor it ????

Confirmed. I will be going. Like last year, want to be in line at 10.30. Happy to meet for breakfast or coffee at 9am to catch up. Could be at the breakfast spot in the Sheraton (expect to pay $25) or at the Tim or Starbuck next door.
Walter

Tim or SB suits my budget better:). I am OK with either venue, as long as they are close to Sheraton. We are talking about Friday the 31st, right? Anyone else? Audio-nut?

Regards,

I completed my tower speakers last month for my HT system. The crossover for the midrange and tweeter is removable for easy component tweaks.

Hi-Vi Research drivers are RT1C-A ribbons, F5 midrange, and D6G for double woofers.

Solens for all shunt caps, ClarityCap PX for series midrange cap, and original Auricaps for series tweeter cap. Jantzen P-core and S-core inductors.

Just waiting for my AmCan Audio footer screws order from Todd.

Attachments

• P1030599a.jpg
    P1030599a.jpg
    446.9 KB · Views: 128
  • P1030634a.jpg
    P1030634a.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 123
  • P1030640a.jpg
    P1030640a.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 127
Don't miss the Halloween bash at Metropolitan United, the dress-up Halloween event the Royal College of Organist hold with the largest organ in Canada each year, Oct 31, 10 PM. Always includes loud French pieces you've always wanted to hear in a church.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/132377-phantoms-organ-halloween-bash.html

The Torq Percussion Quartet (successors to the famous Nexus group) have a concert in the chamber music UofT hall, Walter Hall, on Nov 1. Donation. Heard them in Walter Hall this week. Not to be missed.... not to mention whenever the Evergreen Club (modern gamelon music) play.

Ben
Bathurst / St. Clair West

Tim or Starbuck on Queen st steps from Sheraton.

I like Starbuck. Tims is OK too if you guys prefer that. The date will be Friday Oct. 31. So what time should we meet? The show starts at 11 am. I suggest we should get in line no later than 10:40 am. I will be taking the train from Markham and will get to Union station at 9 am. Assuming a 20 minutes walk, I probably will arrive at the coffee shop at around 9:25 am.

Let's bounce some ideas.

Regards,