GR LGK full-range drivers

What's the consensus on the performance of these? Danny Richie was adamant that these are far ahead of, say, Markaudios. Of course he's trying to sell, but he gave some good points that these have no messy resonances and said that when properly implemented can best nearly anything.

He was referring to acoustic resonance, he looked at at Mark CHP-90 for example and said it has big acoustic resonance at 900Hz, and told me you can't fix acoustic resonance since it's baked into the diaphragm or motor.
Said that the LGK full-range drivers are well balanced in this regard...

diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Mark CHP-90 for example and said it has big acoustic resonance at 900Hz, and told me you can't fix acoustic resonance since it's baked into the diaphragm or motor.
I'm not inclined to believe that as it stands. Since this is likely to cause concern (and is therefore potentially misleading), it should be demonstrated.. was any proof offered up?

Of course he's trying to sell, but he gave some good points that these have no messy resonances and said that when properly implemented can best nearly anything.
Utter BS. Those drivers might make an OK midrange, based on the TS numbers. And what's with all the crossover components in the speaker kit. $40 drivers with $150 in fancy caps & inductors. :eek:

https://gr-research.com/product/lgk-2-0/

jeff

Reactions: 1 users