• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Good tube DIY for EL34's?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: Great!

Rino odorico said:
Hate to bother you about it, but when I print it...can't really read it very well. Could you if possible (please) e-mail it to me?

I'm pretty sure Frank just snagged these off the net (i've seen them both before), if so what you see is what you get. URLs to those sites would probably be more useful.

dave

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
PRINTING

Rino,

If I send you the same stuff it's not going to solve the printing problem.

Try to open them in a graphics program and split the pic into 2 or more sections.
Save the separate parts,enlarge them so you can read all that's on it and when printing those enlarged parts make sure your printer is set to "fit to page".

That should solve it.

Cheers,;)

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
NOT IN THIS CASE.

Dave,

On this occasion you put them up here so they're local.
I usually have to resort to urls since I have this problem uploading anything from my local disk.

The site is protected against mirroring so no luck there and printing from it won't solve the clarity problem either.

Just for info,;)

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: NOT IN THIS CASE.

fdegrove said:
On this occasion you put them up here so they're local.

It is a little trickier to get them, but i just drag them out of the browser on to my desktop (it may be trickier under windows), change the *.php to *.jpg or &*.gif and open it in PhotoShop (or graphic converter or back in my browser).

The ones i posted have also been cleaned up a bit (they are actually gifs) from what Frank sent.

dave

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
WHAT IS WAS THINKING

Hi,

Well, I was thinking about a multiple PP of El34s but we better forget about it.

When I think I run a pair of self-made bookshelf speakers with a set of 2A3s PSE putting out a couple of Watts to more than satisfying levels....

No,I thought also that you could add a volumecontrol at the input
with a bypass connection straight in.
So for CD you could connect to that and for sources requiring a preamp you could then use the direct connection.

After all it is easier and less costly to drive speaker cable of some length than to use long interconnects.

Cheers,;)

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: SMALL TELETUBES...

fdegrove said:
Sound like breakfast in bed to me.

I'm hoping so. If the 1st one works out, i have Dyna iron for a set of monoblocs.

Of the small power tubes I must say I prefer the EL84 over a lot of them till you hear the EL86.

I haven't run across this one yet... have you heard the SV83?

dave

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
EL84

Hello,

I haven't run across this one yet... have you heard the SV83?

Yes I have toyed with that one.
It isn't bad at all but i still prefer the NOS E84L/7320 made by Siemens.

The russian E84LM,the military one,is excellent as well if you want a bit more top end and speed.

The EL86/6CW5 requires a different OPT but can really sound impressive.
An excellent noval power tube.

Ciao, ;)

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
EL86

Hello,

Most of what I found are Philips designs,OTL for a 800 Ohm speaker.

Naturally an OPT could be used for 16-8-4 Ohm impedances.

I've owned an OTL amp like that and much to my surprise it did drive my 8 Ohm speaker very well.

http://www.cs.uu.nl/~gerard/RadioCorner/Articles/SerBalOut.htm

DATASHEET

INTERESTING STUFF FOR ALL OF US

AN ITALIAN SITE I OFTEN USE (PROTECTED ZONE)

And there must be more I could dig up....;)

I've seen prices on this tube from 5.00USD to 20.00USD depending on sources and manufacturer.

Cheers,:cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.