good simple DAC kit?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
so ive narrowed it down. im thinking about these three:

1.) the extreme TDA1543 dac kit. i like it because it uses multiple TDA1543's, has its own supply (just needs an xformer) and seems to be pretty inexpensive.

2.) the audiokitlabs rockna RD-2 or RD-3. a bit more pricey than all the others, but looks good. looks like good parts and good built quality.

3.) the DDDAC 1543 MK2. i really like this one. its relatively cheap, and has a lot going on. looks like inherent support for batteries (i have 10+ SLA 12v's sitting around, no need for power supplie), paralleled TDA1543's, and expansion options.

im probably going to go with the DDDAC if i can figure out what all i need for my setup. has anyone used this dac or had experience with it?

good simple dac kit

a little thinking only
;)

when you read a topic:
good simple dac kit
by a long time member at www.diyAudio.com

dont go fooling yourself :clown:
what it really means, in translation:
latest technology advanced dac at almost no cost at all and a free sample pcb for me

isnt that right, dear cowanrg :D

Regards from another
very long time member
gromanswe - halojoy - lineup

Re: good simple dac kit

lineup said:
a little thinking only
;)

when you read a topic:
good simple dac kit
by a long time member at www.diyAudio.com

dont go fooling yourself :clown:
what it really means, in translation:
latest technology advanced dac at almost no cost at all and a free sample pcb for me

isnt that right, dear cowanrg :D

Regards from another
very long time member
gromanswe - halojoy - lineup

nope, not at all. not only am i willing to pay for something, but im dont care if its cutting edge technology or not.

i just want something that sounds great and is reasonable. obviously, from this thread, there are plenty of kits out there that suit my needs, i just need to decide which will be the best value.

if you've seen any of my projects, you know im not all about keeping it cheap and simple

:whazzat:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.