Good power amplifiers 6W---25W4R

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Don't be hard on him, he's probably an old guy who sometime in the past used to work (40 years ago?) in the Polish State Owned Military Electronics Factory (which also made consumer products) and also made semiconductors under licence. (usually Philips or German technology).
Think Russian Lada which are obsolete FIAT designs built in Russia with old worn ex-FIAT machines bought at scrap prices and you'll get an idea of what we are talking about.
Of course some retired worker who used to adjust carburetors or something will insist that those Ladas are "the best car in the World".
Ok, fine, let it be ;)

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Strange coincidence

There was an Australian member posting similar designs to Adorn's here, , almost 2 years ago, with the same incomprehensible drafting software and modus operandi, i.e. crazy unjustified claims of clean sound and unsurpassable performance but just posting a series of old audio schematics that were obsolete, low voltage consumer designs, without any introduction or sensible explanation why he was doing this.

Some will recall this guy (I can't recall his username) and see the strong coincidence. The point is that this guy probably never had the Polish industry experience but came up with the same wacky stuff and presentation mode. That has me intrigued that there is another, common source of this drivel and these members just pass it on unattributed. Perhaps the designs originate from another forum or website and can be easily edited and passed on.

I hope you aren't personally offended by that Adorn, but you have to consider what the forum is entitled to conclude from your very similar, anachronistic contributions. In my view, the coincidence is way too strong to ignore that something is odd is going on with so many designs with small amendments being posted in rapid sequence - and so similar in style and content to earlier posts originating from the other side of the world.

I would like to share your accomodating and tolerant spirit, JMF, but somehow I suspect there is some organization behind this. Does anyone recognize this software and know how it is distributed? :confused:

Calculations.

Attachments

• P40W1R.gif
    P40W1R.gif
    25.3 KB · Views: 113
Ok, I got somewhat pissed off by all this nonsense and found the following:

1) adorn751 has been doing this for the last 2 or 3 years, posting these crude schematics *everywhere*, so much so that many (not only here at DIY) think he's a spambot or something.

I think it's a human, somewhat obsessive and with a "mission" to spread his "truth".
Problem is, these schematics have never ever been built by him.
The excuses are varied but go from "parts are too expensive" to "I don't have tools" to "my printer is broken and I can't print the PCBs ... which I haven't even designed yet"
He already has been kicked from 2 Polish DIY sites : Audiohobby.pl and DIYAudio.pl , where he writes as user cin157 .
Any similarity is not a coincidence.
And even Poles think he's a spambot:
It actually looks like work of bot that uses a translator. Posts do not represent any dialogue with anyone,

Those masochist enough to check the threads can do so at:
Traductor de Google

Oh, yes, there he also published the entire 24 sheets of schematics, some with 5 or 6 each.

Polish users also commented :
cin, for me it's a little twisted.

cin, have mercy, build (at least) one project and please (let us) to listen :)

A neighbour offered to visit him and "review" his amps, if he'd at least build one, to which he violently refused:
> Cin157
I am from the area of ​​Stalowa Wola and since watching your accomplishments. We are happy to check your designs if you only have one put together ;)

A member at last got pissed off and told him :
Your posts sound as if they were written by a translator, you are definitely not writing in Polish . In addition, this information is worthless to post but not show anything running. So do not waste your time writing on the forum, and better focus on soldering.
Well, former member cin157 posted several topics on diyaudio.pl (under a different screen name, I do not remember which). ...... Unfortunately, any remark, suggestion or question ended each time a strange statement from which it was impossible to guess whether it is the answer to your question or not ... or something like this. ...... if in fact these schemes have real use then put them into practice and not make excuses that you only go part or something corrupt printer or a cooling coil speaker ..... You write before building even one of these schemes - you have not made any yet?

Well, if even the Poles think so ......

Joined 2010
Paid Member
JMF, Thanks for the legwork. I guess we just have to wait until Adorn runs out of enthusiasm or conviction that this campaign is doing anyone a favour. Actually, he has responded to my provocation with the deeper specs of the TO66 drivers, BD354/5. However, I can't see any day soon that I would stick 3 x 65mH chokes in the power rails of an all-too-basic 25W AB class amplifier anyway. :D

Could be a long wait though - anyone remember Wuyit/Lumba Ogir? :worried:

Last edited:
Thanks to you.
No big deal, just 5 minutes while my coffee brewed :p
Being somewhat of a polyglot, found interesting digging a little into Polish pages :)
Oh well, not worth pursuing it any further.
Take care.
JMF

PS: will check Wuyit/Lumba Ogir.
Maybe we can create a competition or something, even with prizes (virtual, of course ;) )

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.