Good News for 2024 - Mono Block /Power AMP - KT170

After a long discussion.. WE have decided last night to offer Mono Block/Power Amp in Fall 2024
I will offer two types of Push Pull amp (Mono Block / Power Amp based on KT170 ( can use other KT tubes))
It is a Push Pull amp. The power is 40~50W per Channel

PCB KIt:
It is a 50W per block with KT170/KT tubes. OPT :TBA

Once I have more info I will post in here..

GOOD and Affordable ....Made in Japan...

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
After a long discussion.. WE have decided last night to offer Mono Block/Power Amp in Fall 2024
I will offer two types of Push Pull amp (Mono Block / Power Amp based on KT170 ( can use other KT tubes))
It is a Push Pull amp. The power is 40~50W per Channel
There are two versions.
Point to Point with Hashimoto and PCB + premium OPT.

Point to Point Power Amp:
MR Ohashi will do the experience soon.. (1) Can the Hashimoto transformer HW 40-5 be mounted on SV-P1616D?
(2) What are the electrical characteristics?..

PCB KIt:
It is a 50W per block with KT170. OPT :TBA

Once I have more info I will post in here..

GOOD and Affordable ....Made in Japan...
Excellent news. I would 'vote' for no volume pot. I would also love to have an option to have a balanced input (?transformer based) - purely for the convenience of long cable runs (required in my current setup). Great idea to offer a point to point version as well as a PCB version, that will make it easier for those who do not wish to do P2P. It would also be nice to have an option to have upgraded resistors (AN tantalum) in the signal path.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi Victor -

This looks like an interesting project. I like monoblocks.
Things I look for:
  • Best quality output transformers.
  • Room for best quality capacitors in the layout.
  • Manual bias setting for output tubes. (I know your electronic automatic bias setting is well done, but I miss manual bias. It's simple circuit-wise, easy to do, allows for tube rolling without limiting the output power of different tubes, and you know what is happening.)
  • No volume control. That's the preamp's job.
  • Don't care about resistors. (Don't really think they make much of a difference in sound compared to tubes, signal capacitors, and output transformers.)
  • Don't care about point-to-point wiring vs well-done heavy-duty circuit board. Circuit board can assure wiring follows proper paths if well layed out.

Bruce

• Thank You
1. No volume pot
2. Ultra-fast avalanche sinter glass diodes for rectification. (Using these in my tube amps projects has made me forget about tube diodes). Smooth upper registers, deep soundstage and incredible bottom end performance. The best part is they are very inexpensive and no more expensive rectifiers that eventually fail.

I have just received my first set of EF86 driver tubes for the PCB Mono Block

SUN VALLEY -> POINT TO POINT VERSION
4 x vCAP oDAM 0.22 were sent to Mr ohashi to test the first sample with Hashimoto OPT
For sure there is no volume pot for this point to point Mono Block.