Goldmund Mods, Improvements, Stability

We have sun today. :)

Btw: I measured temperature difference top/bottom of my amps heatsink.
The distance between output devices is 160mm (mounting holes), distance between measurement points was 220mm, overall heatsink height 250mm.
I was surprised to see the temperature difference was only ~2°C (50°C bottom, 52°C top).

I'd say there's no issue with the output stage layout at all.

We have sun today. :)

Btw: I measured temperature difference top/bottom of my amps heatsink.
The distance between output devices is 160mm (mounting holes), distance between measurement points was 220mm, overall heatsink height 250mm.
I was surprised to see the temperature difference was only ~2°C (50°C bottom, 52°C top).

I'd say there's no issue with the output stage layout at all.

Oh yeah, what if IT was one of these two...?:confused:

This might heat up the sink:D

Just fooling around, I had to take a break from tinning and drilling, wore out my bits.

Attachments

• Krisfr02 bigtime.jpg
    Krisfr02 bigtime.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 792
  • Krisfr03 times2.jpg
    Krisfr03 times2.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 757
Hey Guys

I am working as hard as I can...

For instance, I had to finish building the PRE regulator board to feed the board I just fabricated. Testing step by step is my method. I still have not had the nerve to mount the LSK389a surface devices. Yes they came in.

Patience is all I can ask for, IF you want pics say so...

The 12 device layout is just a show off of my stacking of device skills, no intent at this juncture to build it, but one day....

Plus I had to integrate the Keithly 192 5 plus digit dc volt meter into my bench, it is awesome...

Yes, I should have it built by now. No, I haven't. I have a vast array of things competing for my attention. When one thing stops, another immediately takes over. I have a long list of things in my head that I "should" be doing or should already have done. That is one of the reasons my living space looks like it does. Mountains of unfinished business.

I have a problem. I am pretty much limited to paying with paypal, which excludes Profusion as a source of FETs. I have enough money for the FETs and some more stuff, just getting it is the problem. I'm looking at 2 pairs of ECF10N16/P16, and I need a PCB large enough to put the frontend on. And I believe I can get the compensation caps from Mouser.

- keantoken

I think I will leave the PCB as power ground and use a floating thick copper wire as the signal ground. I will secure components to the board using wires soldered to the board. This way, I don't ruin the board by gluing components to it, the components are close to the ground plane, and I don't have to worry about my third hand.

- keantoken

Last edited: