Goal: Build a GC without killing myself!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Too much cmoy design. That might be what is confusing you. Of course the DC ground stands in the middle of the two rails. but it is at ~0V still. In the cmoy your not supposed to tie the virtual ground to the ground of the battery because you split +9V to ±4.5V but in the gainclone, your transformer is already splitted giving you +25V-0V AND 0V--25V so the center stands at 0V. You can then tie them together without even life insurance. And if your case is made of wood, the earth ground should be connected to the heatsinks in case one of the part goes berzerk, it will make the breaker or fuse blow by providing a return path.

Hope this helps!

Thanks much, Tool.

Hoping to pack the wife curtain climbers in the car and drive up to your city for a visit next spring. I hear it's very nice up there.

It'd be the kids' first "international" trip. They don't know it yet, but they were born to a pair of travel-happy parents, so they'd better get used to it!

How long would you plan to spend in Montreal, given the choice? We'd probably stop off for a day or two in the Hudson River Valley on the way up and/or back.

What places (in Montreal) should we visit, especially relating to kids, 3 and 6?

TIA

GnD

Well it is indeed nice. Specially at this time of the year, the leafs in the trees are starting to be quite amazing in color. But I guess that when you live in Montreal, you don't visit all that much. One place that I really like is the old downtown. There is quite a few museum also. If you like nature, the Mont Royal area is quite nice, it is sort of a remnent of what used to be Montreal in the 1600s, but located in the middle of a busy 2000s city. I know most kids don't like museums tho, better to steer clear of those. I guess I'm a bad tourist in my own area... But I'd say that 3 to 4 days in Montreal is good and 2 to 3 days to visit the outer rim of Montreal. More than that and you'll probably get bored or something.

If you get bit by the audio bug during the trip there is quite a few good audio shops in Montreal. And considering the money exchange rate, you might find some rather good bargains. My first choice would go for Filtronic on Lajeunesse. The second choice is Codell Audio on Ferrier. Finally, there is Solotech on .

For tourist info, I would suggest that you visit one of the tourist center, they surely will be better than me at suggesting stuff to visit.

Sorry to be of not much help this time.

www.filtronique.com
www.codellaudio.com
www.solotech.qc.ca

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.