GM delco eight track 1970s 80bfmt1 problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
UPDATE,well i replaced some more new caps,with the knowledge given to me from you all,and slowly more stared to happen,8 track changer seloniod,but still no sound."speakers very well connected".
I believed i have got as far as i could, so reluntently i gave the problem to a vintage radio repair man.
$25 later and was told the technical language of "its dead".i asked him to be more detailed but said he couldnt give deatils as he never had schemetics...puzzled look this end..
I gave into temptation and looked on auction site,found identical one so called working 145$,it works but via a elastic band ,and doesnt change 8 track channels.Though the seloniod works but not from control knob within the volume switch.Then i bought another one,a so called "never been tested" for 30 dollars,just for spare parts and to see if i could get original one working.well the $30 one arrived,and not only was it in best condition,it all works..
My aim now is to adapt them both to take a mp3 player ,did want a direct wire it,but cannot find enough info so it looks as if ill,make a 8 track adaptor,like the little cassette ones..
Thank you again for all your time and interest put in .....Very appriciated.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.