Glad to Meet Everone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I've posted a few messages so far and realized that I should have introduced myself before butting in. ;^)

I am an electrical engineer with a serious audio habit, aimed more at Pro audio gear than home stereo eguipment.

My day job is spent designing signal processing hardware and software for use in the weighing industry.

My latest projects include an active tone control circuit (boost/cut sweepable bass, sweepable mid and high) for mounting inside electric basses and a pair of the 250W MOSFET amps from Randy Slone's book.

I have considerable experiance in live sound production and some studio experiance (getting dated now).

My home system is laughable (don't ask), but I have 3200 Watts of power amps in my rack system (I made 500 watts of that myself) and am very interested in all kinds of effects and amplifier projects.

Probably due to my engineering background I am pretty skeptical about a lot of the tweeking stuff I've been reading. And don't let me get going about cables (I start foaming at the mouth about some of the things I've read).

I hope everyone will bear with me when I start shooting my mouth off about stuff. I have some definite opinions about just about everything, and a lot of them are probably wrong. I do love a good argument and have the nasty habbit of swiping your best arguments if they make sense (I can be convinced I'm wrong, I just need proof or a rational explaination).

Hope I get to talk to all you sooner or later,

Peace

Phil

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.