• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Getting Started On RCA Console I picked up

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Interestingly using 6N1P the f3 point at the output simulates in the 80KHz range but the 6SN7 only barely make 20KHz unless an un-bypassed Rk is used. I suppose that is the difference in Cg-p (3.8pf v.s 2.7pf).

Is it normal for 6SN7 to have that kind of bandwidth issues or is there something wrong with my circuit or the simulation? I wouldn't thimk the SN7 would have such a good reputation if it was so limited.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I also rechecked tone control behaviour and it seems to be OK with this approach.

Attachments

• WorkingPreamp.png
    WorkingPreamp.png
    55.1 KB · Views: 110
  • WorkingPreampOutput.png
    WorkingPreampOutput.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 90
  • WorkingPreampSine.png
    WorkingPreampSine.png
    28.1 KB · Views: 83
  • WorkingPreampDist.png
    WorkingPreampDist.png
    27 KB · Views: 80
Checked out the PT it is 600V CT so plenty of voltage to work with. The unused OPTs look to be about 6K driving 4 ohms. Might be useful for a 6EM7 project. On the speaker front I think I will set the 8 inchers firing down through the bottom to make for more room to locate the FRs on the front and less trouble avoiding interfering with the preamp and tuner chassis.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.