• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB Thread for Salas SSLV1.1 BiB shunt reg

Joined 2006
Paid Member
NEW GB

Greetings, a new GB sign up is open for these boards.

First post explains the boards, and terms.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/grou...-salas-sslv1-1-bib-shunt-reg.html#post2571174

The Low Voltage shunt kits will now be offered as a Reflektor-D board kit, as the majority of users were using it for digital. This is a new product. Check GB post here.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/grou...ektor-d-digital-power-supply.html#post3974245

The current GB will be open until 7.20. Please sign up in the google spreadsheet link in my signature.

The kit prices have increased. The cost of the 2SK117GRs has tripled for me.

Private message me your Paypal email and I can send you an invoice after you have signed up on the spreadsheet.

What do I need to build a +12 V 1.5A PSU and a + 5V 1A PSU. New to this but have built a number of other things just never a seperate powersupply from scratch. The 12 volt is for a DDdac 1794 stack and the 5 volt is for a Wave I/O USB board. Output will be couple with Cinemag 15/15B2 line in transformers.

Suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

jgwtriode

IRF9530 in both positions, strong sinks, 5W properly calculated Rset. You always set for at least +10% than max load draw. Read guide and use XL calc from post#1.

Where do I find post #1?

As far as what I need to buy from the spread sheet? Are the sinks available there adequate or should I get larger ones. Do I configure both supplies with
9530's. Are the caps include in the full kit? Or is the nichicon cap a bundle of
the necessary caps? Do I also need an IRF+ kit? You also talk about hot rodding being subjectively better. Is that approach applicable to what I am trying to create here?