• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB Pass SONY VFET Version 2 - AL Boards by Tea-Bag

Joined 2006
Paid Member
All , please sign up to commit your interest in this, and I will send out billing for it.
I dont want to manually put in people who may not be currently interested.

I misworded this previously. I recommend ordering the pins for it from me, it makes the board go together easier, and allows setup of Front end first before getting back end on.

Luke - 2 pair of FE boards only.
RainfallSky - 1 pair of FE and Output boards.
Telstar - 1 pair of FE and Output boards.
dsdjoy - 1 pair of FE and Output boards.
sorenb - 4 pair of FE and Output boards. + 4 pair of FE
arky - 4 pair of FE and Output boards
zeroalbedo - 1 pair of FE and Output boards.

Hi Teabag - the spreadsheet was not editable by me, so I'm adding myself here for 2 stereo sets, with connectors and anything else available for it.

Luke - 2 pair of FE boards only.
RainfallSky - 1 pair of FE and Output boards.
Telstar - 1 pair of FE and Output boards.
dsdjoy - 1 pair of FE and Output boards.
sorenb - 4 pair of FE and Output boards. + 4 pair of FE
arky - 4 pair of FE and Output boards
zeroalbedo - 1 pair of FE and Output boards.
bkdog - 2 pair of FE & OP boards, all connectors, & anything else available for this build.

Many thanks!

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Tea-Bag, so sorry I just checked my set of 2SJ20/2SK82s. Much to my regret I should give up my plan to build a 2nd Sony VFET2. Delete me from the ongoing list, please.

No problem.
My guess is that several people here are going to build based off one pair of VFETs and not populate certain sections of the board, and use Nelsons values for the Single set. I have not compared the topologies. If someone can screenshot it and attach it here. It may become more obvious, or hack the one I have posted to comply. If so, I can edit the first post to include that.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
bkdog and Luke, I have added you to sign up sheet. It looks like others are able to edit it - although some Gb always seem to have a few issues with the google sheets.

The rest I need you to manually sign up. I will start sending out payment details and timelines asap.

I'm about to start building this amp - I'm never quick, perhaps I should say I'm gathering the rest of the components now that I have the PCBs and the VFETs... Hope to have a build finished by xmas.

How many others are building it & should we start a build thread? At the moment I'm struggling to find the L or Tee section aluminium to mount between the PCB and the main heatsinks, so if anyone has any hints I'd love to hear it.