• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for F5T Convertible amplifier boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
F5t Convertible amplifier boards

Hello Tea
I would like to buy one set of your great looking F5T boards.
I have already drilled my heatsinks to the dity store universal layout pattern
best I can tell your boards should bolt right up also drilled for fets also looks
like they should bolt up. If not I can always clamp the fets with an aluminum bar.
I need some milar mosfet insulators do you have any?

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I have some mica insulators for to-247 or to-220. That is it.
I can send you the F5T XPS file, which is a microsoft file you can print out that is full scale of the board.
Just PM me your address. If course we used the original UMS spec to match up against this, but that doesn't speak necessarily for the front of board which may be different than the overall room in your chassis.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Is the purpose of these boards to give options with fets, if so what are good options.
Thanks

The options depend a lot on heatsink one has available for the project, or their specific FET stash one wants to use.
Most people are buying FQA JFETs from Buzzforb, as is specified in the article.
Some others are using expensive TO-220 or TO-3P Toshibas.
The reason I put the TO-220 option on their was mostly for considered use of Fairchild FQP output FETS, which are still on the market. The specs for these are nearly indentical to the FQAs with the exception of heat dissapation, which will be less for the smaller die.

PKI

Joined 2011
Paid Member
I just want to thank you T-B, for such a wonderful boards! I am making an F5c for my friend using boards from the store. I like you boards so much better, both the quality and layout! (not that boards from the store are bad, no — they are great :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.