• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for DIY Curve Tracer for PC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

Some news for you all.

- The tracers were shipped to the "Dutch crew" ;) should be there in a week.
- For German members. I'll ship a bit later with stoppover in France in order to avoid customs duties.

I will receive some more tracers next week, but I will ship a bit later because I will take (well deserved) vacations for May holidays.
A big shipment should be organized on 5th May a lot of you will receive payment instructions by the end of April

Fred

Group Buy Status

While I'm at it.. Status Update:

kannan_s (USA) Received
Bksabath (UK) Received
FdW (NL) Received
BarryBlue (UK) Received
Amplifire (France) Received
rellum (France) Received
NicMac (Italy) Received
WK (Finland) Received
Geofd (Switzerland) Received
John Luckins (UK) Received
Swalter (Switzerland) Received
ilardi (USA) Received
herb1diaz (USA) Received
ymwong (USA) Received
Cobra2 (Norway) Received
styrkv (Norway) Received
heinz1 (Germany) Shipped
Presbel (Philippines) Received
pchw (USA) Received
CeeVee (Portugal) Received
Veljko (NL) Shipped
igwt (USA) Received
BDL (Romania) Received
Tommyss123 (Norway) Waiting for Payment
Gusto142 (Netherlands) Shipped
mekanixz(Netherlands) Shipped
jkuetemann (Canada) Waiting for Payment
Toufu(usa) Shipped
qusp (Australia)
lll (Greece) Shipped
Groundloops (Germanistan)
secanbj (Sweden) Shipped
andreas w. (Germany)
APK (UK)
Alazira (USA)
cddumat (germany)
neb001 (USA)
vladco (USA)
JBdV (NL) Shipped
jhcamp (IT)
dshambala (USA)
sonidos (USA)
pwla0516 (Taiwan)
gellen (USA)
papyfan (France)
leejh (Korea)
prooptiki (Greece)
stolbovoy(USA)
daanve(NL) Shipped
Horio (USA)
ujamerstand(CANADA)
markus22ch (Switzerland)
fbalducci (Italy)
carpin (Netherlands) Shipped
palmito(USA)
Leatherface (Germany)
Lo_tse (Canada)
LHQuam (USA)

My board arrived safely around two weeks ago. Thanks lazybutt & locky_z!

I'd like to explain the reason for delayed report of receipt:

In Germany, EMS shipments from China are forwarded to their local partner, a company called GDSK. After arrival of a Chinese EMS parcel at the Frankfurt airport, the recipient will receive a letter from GDSK indicating that they will take care of the customs procedures at the airport for a service fee totalling EUR 25,59 in addition to the customs charges.

GDSK or their German partner GSL is not allowed to transport undeclared parcels to the local customs office, only DHL/Deutsche Post AG as successor of the federal Deutsche Bundespost has this permit. That means that the parcel must pass customs at the airport.

I have looked for alternatives to circumvent the service fee imposed by GDSK (German keyword "Selbstverzollung"). Fur further infos see (in German):

Selbstverzollung bei der GDSK

Leitfaden : GDSK abwicklung ganz einfach erklärt für Dummies

PresseVoice: Hat der Griff der GDSK in die Taschen der Importwaren-Empfänger von Waren aus China ein Ende?

As result - following the procedure outlined above -, I "only" had to pay EUR 18,24 (i.e. 19% VAT) by bank transfer to the Frankfurt customs office.

To this date, I did not receive an invoice from GDSK, so the "Selbstverzollung"-strategy as explained above seemed to work for me.

My board arrived safely around two weeks ago. Thanks lazybutt & locky_z!

I'd like to explain the reason for delayed report of receipt:

In Germany, EMS shipments from China are forwarded to their local partner, a company called GDSK. After arrival of a Chinese EMS parcel at the Frankfurt airport, the recipient will receive a letter from GDSK indicating that they will take care of the customs procedures at the airport for a service fee totalling EUR 25,59 in addition to the customs charges.

GDSK or their German partner GSL is not allowed to transport undeclared parcels to the local customs office, only DHL/Deutsche Post AG as successor of the federal Deutsche Bundespost has this permit. That means that the parcel must pass customs at the airport.

I have looked for alternatives to circumvent the service fee imposed by GDSK (German keyword "Selbstverzollung"). Fur further infos see (in German):

Selbstverzollung bei der GDSK

Leitfaden : GDSK abwicklung ganz einfach erklärt für Dummies

PresseVoice: Hat der Griff der GDSK in die Taschen der Importwaren-Empfänger von Waren aus China ein Ende?

As result - following the procedure outlined above -, I "only" had to pay EUR 18,24 (i.e. 19% VAT) by bank transfer to the Frankfurt customs office.

To this date, I did not receive an invoice from GDSK, so the "Selbstverzollung"-strategy as explained above seemed to work for me.

Thanks a lot Gerhard for the explanations! and sorry for you having to play the "guinea pig"...

I have proposed to fellow DIYers another option by grouped shipping to France first, to save the VAT and GDSK fee., but it requires to wait some more weeks
With your explanations it means that we can save GDSK fees, but not the VAT... however, if you German guys prefer this route, just let me know. Also, I can separate shipping and curve tracer in two invoices if you like.. (no reason to pay VAT on the shipping costs !!???)

Fred

Fred,
thanks for your comforting words and looking for alternatives for other German buyers!

Taxation of shipping costs is common practice, see:

The dutiable value of the item, i.e. the basis for calculation of the amount of customs duty, also has to be determined. In the case of auctions, this is the price at which you ultimately purchased the item, in some cases together with the shipment costs (e.g. postage, freight costs, packaging) as well.
from the German customs site:

Questions relating to Internet buying and Internet auctions

BTW, the HS tariff code number (Warennummer) needed for the customs declaration of the curve tracer PCB is 90309020.

Commodity Codes 90309020: Parts accessories

Nic, I'll contact you.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.