• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for DC coupled B1 buffer with shunt PSUs

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hey peeps!
They seem to be shipping quicker now the holidays are over!

I still have plenty of boards left and a few more PRP sets of resistors.
The Takman's I was only able to source a limited amount of 220K's so I have some 220R and 1M's left, if that helps anyone thinking about jumping in.

If I order more resistors, I would probably do more PRP, but one would have to twist my arm a bit to do that. Happy building.

My boards did not arrived yet…
In the mean time I would like to ask some questions to the more experienced members:
I intend to use B1 as a unity gain buffer for my TP OPUS DAC with passive output stage using Lundahl trafos. I will use no pot, since the following equipment is an integrated amp.
1. What will be the input impedance of B1 (for the trafos)?
2. And the output impedance of B1?
3. Do I have to apply any changes to the BOM?
4. Could someone be so kind to show me how to connect in order to bypass the pot?

Thanks in advance,
Tassos

Not in my configuration,
I use them for Bal to Se conversion and they also suppress the DC output of the Wolfson chips (dual mono) resulting to a very pleasant and transparent result (model 1527XL 1:1). I tried various loading schemes for the secondaries, with 10K resistors sounding the best, but after some talk with Kevin (K & K Audio) and Per Lundahl I removed them and it is even better. I have no scope to check if it has peaks after 20KHz but my old ears can not hear the difference ;-).
220 is ok for my 10K Amp. Thanks for the info.