• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for DC coupled B1 buffer with shunt PSUs

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi All,

I'm late for this GB, but please may I add my name to the reserve list, if it exists? I'm already running LS, but would like a DCB1 with LDRs to compare with my (growing) stable of pre-amps/attenuators.

Many thanks

Jon

Please add me to the DCB1 board buy. I want to couple it with a lightspeed. Thank you.

For simplicity's sake, let's do it this way. Those who want LDR's with their DCB1, talk to Udailey, he will have a reasonable stock of the hypnotize boards and LDRs (at some point). If you want the Mesmerize boards, there will be a 'few' extra of these, and will need to come from me. If you simply want a DCB1 hynotize and no LDR's, I will have extra of those too. About 25 or so.

So that wasn't simple. But that's what I have to say...

Should have jumped in here, sorry TeaBag. I knew Jon had LDRs already so I didnt say anything and Badge didnt say he needed the LDRs so I wasnt sure if he did.

If you need LDRs matched or unmatched contact me by email. I will have more matched around Christmas and I will have some boards to ship with them. I will not inflate the value of the boards and have been charging 38.42 including paypal and shipping for LDRs. This price will change very slightly to account for larger box for the board and I dont know yet if the weight will have any effect on what the post office is charging me. I would guess that about $40 would be the price for LDRs and shipping minus the cost of the board. I will charge what TeaBag is charging for the boards.
If you want to have any part in this email me at diyldr@gmail.com and I will add you to a list of people for the Christmas mailing.
I will invoice you later. I am now getting ready to ship all LDRs from last buy and have just ordered prototype boards for a new test fixture. Not cheap. Fixture will run me almost a grand. But it will save me from uncomfortable problems with my rear being fixed to a chair for nearly a day every day I test, hopefully :) Then I will stop complaining everytime I mention matching LDRs :) Just got my resistors for the boards in the mail today. Literally thousands of them so I can roll through many different test points on each LDR and so that I can match resistors so my board is always accurate. Low PPM matched resistors I hope will solve my problem with trimpots. Trimming them, seriously, 2000 times for every matching is not my idea of a good time. And consider that I use 500k pots to trim down to a 30ohm precision. Its nuts and has to change! Rant over until next time!
Uriah

Hoping that doing something like building the test fixture will allow that.
I really need a better source or better recorded material. Its hard to find well recorded music on CD that is any form of Rock. I like a little classical, especially Gershwin and Rachmaninoff if I spelled either correctly, but Rock is what I love and it just is hard to listen as often as I would like as I keep listening to the same well recorded tracks. Maybe we should start a well recorded rock music thread.
Ri

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Some PCB Shots

Some lousy PCB images to pass the time.

Attachments

• hynosingle.JPG
    hynosingle.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 378
  • hynomulti-2.JPG
    hynomulti-2.JPG
    188.4 KB · Views: 377
For simplicity's sake, let's do it this way. Those who want LDR's with their DCB1, talk to Udailey, he will have a reasonable stock of the hypnotize boards and LDRs (at some point). If you want the Mesmerize boards, there will be a 'few' extra of these, and will need to come from me. If you simply want a DCB1 hynotize and no LDR's, I will have extra of those too. About 25 or so.

So that wasn't simple. But that's what I have to say...

Tea-Bag,

I see that I am too late to join this but if you happen to have extra DCB1 Hypnotize boards, I would like two.

Thanks
Jim

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
2X12VAC transformer is the recommendation for the DCB1S, it can handle 2X15VAC with some sinking for long term reliability though. 2X12VAC ends up to about +/- 16-17VDC after rectification depending on mains power potential, and I guess it can provide for both you need. The 2X15VAC was a recommendation based on some double bridge PCB plan that never saw the light of day, also some had already such transformers. 2X12VAC will be in the BOM.

2X12VAC transformer is the recommendation for the DCB1S, it can handle 2X15VAC with some sinking for long term reliability though. 2X12VAC ends up to about +/- 16-17VDC after rectification depending on mains power potential, and I guess it can provide for both you need. The 2X15VAC was a recommendation based on some double bridge PCB plan that never saw the light of day, also some had already such transformers. 2X12VAC will be in the BOM.

I used actually 2X15V transformer for my test board without any issue - use small heatsinks for long term use
kannan