• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for DC coupled B1 buffer with shunt PSUs

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
rsotirov, your all set.
The current GB spreadsheet reflects accurately who have paid.
I will send out another one tommorow, if possible, with who has NOT paid. That may be more helpful.

Guys, I understand your concerns with delays and taxes, I pay Uncle Sam enough to buy a decent new car every year, then my state and my town take me to the cleaners. That's probably all needed so we can buy ton's of imports from China I guess.

I will talk to my post-service lady, and see what I can do to devalue the boards since this is a non-profit operation. A significant charge for the boards (40 percent) is shipping from manufacterer. There is also a fee I have included as a donation to DiyAudio that I may be able to not include as well. I've kept the board charge I think decently low. Other than that, I dont really need to hear more feedback. It's all a pain, I get that. Taxes and delays I think are just normal in a global economy, and yes I know US citizens have an advantage here most of the time.
Keep in my mind, this my first job as GB manager, doing what I can, trying to get the boards to you guys that Ferds cannot.
If you think I did a crap job after the fact, let me know. I will not do it again if there is sufficient dissapointment.

Nobody can say you did a crap job. If they would say so they should do the GB themselves !

Thank you for the effort and time you are putting in this.

If you think I did a crap job after the fact, let me know. I will not do it again if there is sufficient dissapointment.

For my part, I also want to say that I think this GB (in its resurrected form) is being run perfectly. no complaints at all. My comments originated from more general gripes about international shipping, etc. and as I said, even with the extra tax it would be a very small amount for me. sorry if it came off that i was anything less than appreciative of everything that all the organizers are doing!

(i know this is just taking more bandwidth but i thought it important to say)

Ok, sorry for taking so long, but was waiting to figure out how many hypnotise to take for future PS projects.

So payment sent just now for 2 mesmerise and 10 x hypnotise and shipping.

Thought it might be useful to post the link to the spreadsheet again:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0An3nVM43ZbQndHJSMVNSLVBwbVFUSEh5cXI3WnpDRnc&hl=en

Teabag - just let me say you are running this thing like clockwork, well done and thank you.

Salas - many thanks for your time and efforts in this, including the time you have yet to spend when some of us ask you questions about using the hynotise as a PS for future projects!!!!
Fran

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Don't stuff any board for only reg use for another application before you ask me how to undo the DCB1S purpose inbuilt current mismatch in the positive Vref, or how to go from +/-5V to +/-35V and from 100mA to 3A CCS for a laaaarge range of applications.

P.S. Now that I think about it, I better write a guide and post it in a new thread in the Power Sup. forum, before the questions start to fall like rain a week after Tea - Bag sends the boards. I have said all that in its dedicated thread of course but nobody is going to read a single line, I am sure.
:rain::umbrella::wave2:

to buyers from within the EU:

I looked up the TARIC-code for one-layer pcbs: 8534 00 19
TARIC is an EU-wide used system to categorize imported goods
and define the percentage of customs charges on them.

When talking to your local customs office upon receiving your boards,
it might be a good idea to have this code handy for them because
it saves them quite a bit of searching.

I also found out that there are no customs charges whatsoever
when importing any kind of pcbs into the EU from the US.
You have to pay your local VAT, of course...

Last edited:
In your message #1227 of people who already paid you had vgeorge at roughly position 15, stoolpigeon is close to 10 positions from the bottom, PierreQuiRoule is close to the end in that list as having paid.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1945751

fcaton also posted that he paid in #1215.

I obviously can't tell from here. It is just something that got triggered by seeing their somewhat unique member names more than once.

Okay, one day to go. Here is who has yet to pay, according to spreadsheet.
sonidos
Michi124
Ipanema
vgeorge
dweekie
luke
bravi
julius_the_cat
PlanoDano
fcaton
mekanoplastik
jean-paul
jimmyd53
stoolpigeon
av-trouvaille
dudaindc
PierreQuiRoule

3 T amps 2X10W run on single shunt, single polarity 12V 2.5A for about a year the oldest now. Can go even more probably but I have used it up to 3A.

Salas, that is exactly what I want to do with one of the Hypnotize PCB's when they arrive, I have looked at the other thread, there's some schematics there, the original tried and tested v1, and (maybe untested) v1.5 and v2.0 for a T-amp, was thinking of building the v1 or v1.5. On another board I would like to do +18V and +12V on the same board, it looks like with 3 small trace cuts and 2 short jumpers and re-orientate one transistor and JFET then I can do another positive supply on the "negative rail side" of the PCB, this would be for a DAC. This belongs on the other thread I know, just expressing interest...

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143693&page=130

The proto Hypnotize continues to impress me, there is no doubt in my mind that this power supply combined with the B1 buffer in this way is very special. Hence the desire to try this power supply on other gear.

Just for info, I have run the Hypnotize into a DC-coupled T-amp (no input caps) without any problems, got an extra 20mV DC on the speaker outputs, approx 60mV went to approx 80mV DC offset on the higher channel, the other channel has less. I also ran the Hypno into a EL34 PP amp that has no input caps and no probs there either, sounds great. I guess with a valve amp any DC offset stops at the coupling caps to the output tubes, if you don't have input caps that is. No problems at this end at all, just sounds great :)

Ian.

Last edited: