• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for DC coupled B1 buffer with shunt PSUs

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Crt has printed on the boards 1N5819 as rectifying diodes. Those are 40Vr max Schottky diodes. I would feel more secure with MUR120. He uses 2X12VAC tranformer for a long enough time now without diode failures, but it will not be broadly compatible. People can have higher transformers already in their parts collection, or may want to go for the shunts alone and for much higher Vout needing circuits.

With 2X12VAC 50VA transformers the DCin will be enough and the dissipation on the current source Mosfets secure for powering the DCB1S audio section. The 2X15VAC thing was a spin off when double bridges were to be used by the ''first GB manager''.:Pinoc:

Still no problem for those who have the 2X15 models, but as I saw they tend to use some sinks on the CCS Mosfets. Heats up the 7812 too.

So I guess that in the BOM, MUR120 and 24V C.T (2X12) 50VA is an adequately safer, cooler, and quality choice as to be the standard.