• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for Baby Huey PCB

Hellbender BHEL84-2nos
Outriding BHEL84-2 (one stereo set)
tomlang BHEL84 - 2 nos.

version.....
el34mk2-jpg.1006939

Attachments

• EL34MK2.jpg
    EL34MK2.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 787
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I believe Prasi accidentally posted the Mk2 EL34 files.

The attached files are what I have as the latest EL84 schematic and PCB (Prasi, could you confirm, please). Be aware that the schematic has not been updated for some minor improvements/mods discussed in the long BH threads.

Attachments

• EL84 BH R1.6.pdf
    159 KB · Views: 209
  • EL84 BH PCB.PNG
    EL84 BH PCB.PNG
    100.5 KB · Views: 206
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Quantity 2 BH EL84 boards please. I am going to run 6GM5 (9 pin 7591A equivalent) so I will be modding board slightly.

Please post the latest EL84 version and date please, thanks.

Hi Tom,

I also have plans to build a BH using 6GM5s, so I shall follow your progress with great interest. What output transformers are you planning to use? I have a pair of Sansui 1000A transformers set asside for this purpose.

This would be my 2nd 6GM5, the first see below on AK. In that thread, is discussed how both McIntosh uses 4600 ohm primary impedance and Dave Gillespie discovered the same thing: 6GM5 (7591A) is max power at 4600 ohm primary impedance.

I am using a pair of 40W 4500 ohm primary Heyboer transformers in pentode mode at the same B+ as the Mc amp. Should be an interesting experiment.

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index...rveen-vdv-1070-uc-output-transformers.937649/

Last edited:
dch53
See 3 posts up for EL84 PCB picture.
Not sure I interpreted your post correctly but it sounds like you have the top of the PCB against the chassis.
If that is the case you may have mounted the tube sockets on the wrong side. The tube sockets go on the back of the PCB which is the side which mounts against the chassis. Or you may have it correct and simply cant read the silk screem anymore with components mounted.
Cheers,
Ian

Having just completed a pair of EL84 PCBs I'd like to make a couple of suggestions:
  • Move the EL84 bias pots next to the EL84 it adjusts instead of having it on the opposite side of the board adjacent to the other EL84.
  • Put the silkscreen on both sides of the board. When the PCBs are placed in a chassis the lack of a silkscreen on the bottom of the board makes debugging extremely difficult and frustrating.
  • If you are mounting the PCBs in a chassis, have the tubes on the appropriate side and put all the components on the other side where you can get to them. Again, this will make debugging a lot easier because you can easily hang clips on components.