• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB: for 2SK389 and 2SJ109

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
20 times 2SK389V, but ONLY Violet.
(i'll take more and also J109V if needed)

I'd listen and take the advice of Mr Hansen and Mr Curl, get V grades and get them now.
This may be the last opportunity you'll ever have, and you'll not get them at $6/pc ever again imho.

Added a piccy of a small batch of V grades from a source in Asea, the last V9 Interceptors i managed to find.
(Mr McMillan, your parts have arrived)

Attachments

• v9.jpg
    v9.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 970
Charles Hansen said:
To all of you who are wanting the BL grade instead of the V grade, don't be so picky. The V grade simply has a higher Idss rating. If you don't want to run at a higher current, simply use a larger value source resistor. Then you can make a V grade work exactly the same as a BL grade part. (The converse is obviously not true, which is why the GR grade is not very desirable.)

Just team up and get the V grade parts together. Production on these parts ceased over a year ago. When they are gone, they are gone. If you want some, get them now.

The only other choice is to get the K170/J74 pairs and hand-match them. They will never track quite as well as the monolithic duals, but they will track close enough for all practical purposes. It's just that then you have to spend time matching them.

The K170/J74 pairs are still in production. The monolithic duals were discontinued because the package is obsolete. I was hoping that Toshiba would make an SMT version of the monolithic duals, but they have not done so yet. Maybe if Sony or Pioneer (or Parasound!) places an order for a couple of hundred thousand they would do it.

Thanks for the bright explanation Mr.Hansen, so seems we preffered V "version" here :devilr: :devilr:

all the best,
A'af

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.