• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB: Fo-Felix EMI Filter for AC mains 120/230v; By Folsom

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Doi6Sy7.jpg

Parts from mouser coming tomorrow. i originally planned on installing one in my DIY TPA3255EVM amp and one in my DIY Soekris DAC but now im thinking maybe i should put them in a dedicated box with six outlets and make a nice power distribution unit.

Ditto on the boards,
I don’t know why more people are not filtering their ac. I would be interested in 3 boards if you have extra or plan another group buy. I have a monster line filter and for some reason it turns my preamps on then delays my main amps a couple seconds then turns them on. Lately it has been turning the amps on and shutting then down a few seconds later the turns them back on not giving the input caps a chance to discharge. I would like to make a project with 3 of these and use a micro controller to sequence some solid state relays to switch on the filters. Maybe if there is enough interest a group buy project could evolve.

Thanks
Bill

Just order some samples on the coilcraft website. I ordered a pair of all three types. (6 pieces totale free!)

Attachments

• 54D2090E-F1B2-47CF-8865-FED3E4F5A033.jpeg
    54D2090E-F1B2-47CF-8865-FED3E4F5A033.jpeg
    144.9 KB · Views: 424
  • 8A5C7C9A-884D-4BEA-A7B3-EA79FE491CC7.jpg
    8A5C7C9A-884D-4BEA-A7B3-EA79FE491CC7.jpg
    967.5 KB · Views: 431
Last edited:
Joined 2019
Paid Member
My take on a larger box with multiple outlets for all of the extras in the sound system. Or whatever you would like to use it for.
I found this enclosure online, it came with everything but the duplex outlets and wire. I went with each group of four outlets connected to a Fol-Felix board.
The only bit that is off for those of us in the 120vac parts of the world is the input label is for 220vac.
Not as nice as the one Jeremy was proposing though. For me having the metal work done was great and a time saver.

This is a great idea...thanks drpro! I may go with the 3 outlet black version though.

Pete

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.