• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Gb: F5 Pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
F5 Boards

When i went out to my mailbox today and found a package from Denmark I was instantly struck by what a cool concept this online diyAudio community really is... A gentleman here is the US designs and decides to share his amplifier topologies. Another gent goes through the process of designing a circuit board and gets permission to start a groupbuy for all of us. A few weeks later after a simple PayPal transaction someone i've never actually met ships me a set of F5 boards from halfway around the globe.
A bunch of folks from different cultures,with different backgrounds, lives, and political views that can meet for a few minutes a day to help one another enjoy the hobby of Audio.
This really is cool..

Thanks to folks like NP, PD, and Cviller this system actually works. Thanks to everyone for sharing.

Regards, Daniel.

Re: F5 Boards

Donovad said:
When i went out to my mailbox today and found a package from Denmark I was instantly struck by what a cool concept this online diyAudio community really is... A gentleman here is the US designs and decides to share his amplifier topologies. Another gent goes through the process of designing a circuit board and gets permission to start a groupbuy for all of us. A few weeks later after a simple PayPal transaction someone i've never actually met ships me a set of F5 boards from halfway around the globe.
A bunch of folks from different cultures,with different backgrounds, lives, and political views that can meet for a few minutes a day to help one another enjoy the hobby of Audio.
This really is cool..

Thanks to folks like NP, PD, and Cviller this system actually works. Thanks to everyone for sharing.

Regards, Daniel.

The world has definitely become a smaller place with the internet. Emailing stuff around the globe in a few seconds has become ordinary. Just 15 years ago basic business cards had to be type-set before you could have them printed. Having circuit boards made was a major ordeal and far more expensive than it is now.

cviller said:

Is it still only noelectrix and I who have built the amps? :bawling:

There, there, of course not:) Mine has been playin' for several days... I didnt put the case together yet, 'cause I wanted to find out if the sinks were up to the job first. It sounds great and worked right away. Offset wanders around +/- 1,4mV:devilr: Good stability. The F5 has got to be the most universally useful amp of the FirstWatt's and Zen's. It sounds terrific and has a great control of the cones. Actually pretty impressive from 25 watt's. Me like it:cool: I also tried to hook it to a set of Clone-Abby's, but that was as usual a most disappointing experience. The singledriver efficient speakers, needs a current source amp to sound half decent, and even then fall's short:smash: Nevermind, the F5 sounds good on a pair of normal speakers, very good.

:)

Attachments

• cvi_f5.jpg
    cvi_f5.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 754
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.