• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB: AYA II TDA1541A DAC (2014 Edition) PCB or Kit

Pedja simply cannot link his bank account to Paypal, so Paypal is not an option. Group payment is one option, and, of course, bank transfer, but here in the US that is seen as prohibitively expensive for a small payment.

I suggest Pedja could set up a bank account in a neighbor country, link that to PayPal.
[When going to a Swiss holiday apartment they often have e.g. an Austria bank to pay. Convenient, quick, cheap.]

Is it easy to leave Skrill after just one transaction ?

here are some hidden fees took from the site : "

Stay active!
Your Skrill account is free for personal use as long as you login or make a transaction at least every 12 months.

If you don’t do this, a service fee of EUR 1.00 (or equivalent) will be deducted monthly from the funds in your account."

Could it be understood as a life inscription ? It needs maybe more inputs and need to create a specific email adress. bank opposition is less expensive than 1 euro if there is no easy way to leave this supplier !
interesting business model!

I have several non-a chips from Philips players that do have an osc cap of 470 pF (pin16/17); measured higher though. So better include one, to see.
  • I had the same result as you regarding bass with non-A, and finding a good value is hard (went up to 560pF)
View attachment 486446

You can clearly see the osc cap. mirrored from the above picture:
View attachment 486447

Wow, a TD1541 non-A with an dem temp (oscillator) cap !!!!!

Is it to bypass the embeded one ? (said to be around 470 pF iirc !)

Strange !

I know now how to solve the tonal balance of this chip just playing with the last smd caps on the 3 voltages rails and their respective values ! :D
I should write to Fikus to say it how to solve the dull low end of non A ! lol !
tda1541 non-A has a better manufacturing precision if I understand correctly what I read : closer to a double crowned than a normal A !

Let's stay here on the AYAII 2014 GB...

Last edited:
Wow, a TD1541 non-A with an dem temp (oscillator) cap !!!!!

Is it to bypass the embeded one ? (said to be around 470 pF iirc !)

Strange !

I know now how to solve the tonal balance of this chip just playing with the last smd caps on the 3 voltages rails and their respective values ! :D
I should write to Fikus to say it how to solve the dull low end of non A ! lol !
tda1541 non-A has a better manufacturing precision if I understand correctly what I read : closer to a double crowned than a normal A !

Let's stay here on the AYAII 2014 GB...

here is more fun:

Nîmes DSCF3418 C1.jpg

A non-A S1 with 100nF caps engulfing it.

Nîmes DSCF3425 C1.jpg

I measured the cap that I salvaged from a board, and it is 678 pF

Fun ! Was it on a Philips or Marantz player or an other brand which didn't read the datasheet... Have you the 70 pages of layout advices Philips wrote ? I would be happy to have it !

Ah the yelow caps are Vishay ERO MKT ? I like it : dark-mat sound, non shiny :)
... and a 5V supercap (the green one)... I bet for the 5V rail !

Some Vitamine-Q as well ? A green coil as well ! A blue Nichicon SX or VX ? A Philips cap as well...

Hey , great collection you have !

All taken from Philips players.
The metal housing caps are solid tantal, military surplus, very flat and low ESR.
The yellow caps are labelled Df, I was told Condensator Freiburg. They are very heavy, solid foil and weights 7 g.
100 nF is OK guys! (But look, I bought a bag and not of a higher value, so my preference is centered around what I have).
The blue is a 25V Vishay, very good on high frequencies.
And yes the green one is a super capa on the +5V.
The smaller metal one - I don't know the brand.

Yes you are right, a green inductor. All power feeds have an inductor.

As you understand I am just 'fooling around' - bricolage on a grand scale.

... and a 5V supercap (the green one)... I bet for the 5V rail !

Relooked at the picture: The super capa is on the SAA7220A 5V because it is so noisy. This is a build of a SPDIF interface from my players. So they emit just 44kHz, and while NOS is more dynamic, it is also very complex (too hard to digest) for my preamplifier. So I use 4* up sampling. Now I can use a Philips standard I/V filter section.

But this is way off Pedja's topic of course.