Gainclown PCB question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Why dont you use a non-inverting configuration... as shown on the datasheet.

Also you'll need bypass caps in parallel with C1 and C2 100n should do fine.

I haven't looked at inverting schematics yet but shouldn't the feedback resistor be approx 20k instead of 200k and then R1 could be 1K.

You'll keep the 20:1 ratio.

I'll try to add a picture of you're schematic.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 897
Rod Elliot made a design based on the LM1875. Go to www dot sound dot westhost dot com. Try to get the datasheet for the ic aswell from National.com I'm sure theres an Aplication Schematic in there.

I've build an amplifier using the TDA2050 from SGS-Thompson aswell. In that datasheet there's a PCB layout aswell ( They've got the same amount of pins (5)) Just check the pin names(functions) for compatability.

I'll try to have a look at the 1875's datasheet aswell.

P.S. I'm new to but +- 2000000 hours of staring at datasheets and annoying everybody with dumb ( no such thing) questions and we'll get there!!!:D :D :D

Joined 2002
Paid Member
zatramusic said:
... could someone check the pcb for mistakes??

i will be glad for any comments [/B]

Hi zatramusic,

I downloaded your Eagle files and had a quick look. I couldn't see any major problems.

I have made a similar P2P LM1875 IGC - see attached schematic. The schematic was drawn years after I made it, so I haven't triple checked it.

I think there is a vertical LM1875 (TO220-5V ?) somewhere in the Eagle libraries.

regards

Attachments

• igc lm1875.gif
    igc lm1875.gif
    4.6 KB · Views: 511
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Re: Re: Re: Gainclown PCB question

zatramusic said:
so you say it doesn't have any major mistakes?? and what about minor ones?? :)

Hi Michael,

By major I meant an error that would prevent the amp working.

I reckon your posted schematic will work fine. We can all speculate if you need R3 (10k) or bypass caps on the main caps. But IMHO these are just details to be determined by personal experimentation. :D

From memory, the schematic I posted was close to Peter Daniel's recommendations before Peter (and Brian) changed over to non-inverted gainclones.

Good luck

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.