FYI: Tom Danley's no compression fireworks recording.........

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
or if you have an FTP client, I could let you upload it directly to my server.

Cool, now if I had a clue whether or not I had one..........

Anyway, I installed Firefox and was able to get to the site, create a library card and upload all that I had, but it's 337 mb and I have a 'customer no service' AT&T DSL with only an average 0.23 mb upload speed, so it will be hours yet before it's done assuming AT&T doesn't drop me out one or more times in the meantime, a common occurrence these days.

It's a zipped folder, Finale4

GM

Cool, now if I had a clue whether or not I had one..........

Anyway, I installed Firefox and was able to get to the site, create a library card and upload all that I had, but it's 337 mb and I have a 'customer no service' AT&T DSL with only an average 0.23 mb upload speed, so it will be hours yet before it's done assuming AT&T doesn't drop me out one or more times in the meantime, a common occurrence these days.

It's a zipped folder, Finale4

GM

Tks .... :up:

I have a lamp on a band on my digital sound processor (Behringer) that tinkles when there's non-negligible content in the 20-40 Hz octave. You'd be surprised how little it tinkles, even with organ music.

But it sure is active on Danley's wonderful recordings.

And speaking of NASA (and good music), among the bassiest recordings I have is Vangelis' Mythodea which celebrates a Mars shot. It has a crew of percussionists busy most of the length of the work and a segment that seems dubbed from the rocket take-off.

My impression is that nothing can really fill a room with great gobs of clean rolling bass like a Klipschorn. And effortlessly. Pity they don't go terribly low.

OK, maybe Hovhaness' dub of whale sounds in "And God created Great Whales" is a couple of notches higher in the firmament of good music.

Ben

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.