Funniest snake oil theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget that interconnects and speakers need to be de-limited after playing YouTube or similar lossy and bandwidth limited audio. Consider roughly 15 minutes of hi-res sound through the cables for each hour of YouTube before the cables are cleansed of the frequency and purity limitations they picked up by playing YouTube. Proven by Russian audio scientists.

Electro **** stuck in cables

Ohhh, I got a good one fer ya.

I once read that you have to regularly subject cables to DC...you know, to replace the old electrons, with fresh ones... :headbash:

Lots of electro **** gets stuck in cables, you know.

Don't forget that interconnects and speakers need to be de-limited after playing YouTube or similar lossy and bandwidth limited audio. Consider roughly 15 minutes of hi-res sound through the cables for each hour of YouTube before the cables are cleansed of the frequency and purity limitations they picked up by playing YouTube. Proven by Russian audio scientists.

In my shop downtown there is a dehumidifier, with a drain hose that snakes around & around for about 50 ft. and eventually exits through a small space under the door. Awhile back I noticed that instead of draining through the hose, the tank had filled up & the unit shut off. So I unscrewed the hose from the outlet, took a deep breath and blew into it. It took a few tries, but eventually I was able to blow a bunch of crap out of the hose and into the alley, and now it's working fine again.

I see absolutely no reason why this same logic does not apply to audio cables. If this isn't an exact analogy, I don't know what is.

In my shop downtown there is a dehumidifier, with a drain hose that snakes around & around for about 50 ft. and eventually exits through a small space under the door. Awhile back I noticed that instead of draining through the hose, the tank had filled up & the unit shut off. So I unscrewed the hose from the outlet, took a deep breath and blew into it. It took a few tries, but eventually I was able to blow a bunch of crap out of the hose and into the alley, and now it's working fine again.

I see absolutely no reason why this same logic does not apply to audio cables. If this isn't an exact analogy, I don't know what is.

Now that's a tremendous bit of information Jim!
I'm gonna go upstairs and blow that crap outa my speaker wires.
I hope I don't wind up accidentally tasting those lousy electrons.

Tube oil

Now that's a tremendous bit of information Jim!
I'm gonna go upstairs and blow that crap outa my speaker wires.
I hope I don't wind up accidentally tasting those lousy electrons.

Don't forget to oil your tubes while you're at it cleaning out your system. Sooo many people forget to do that, and leave their tubes un-oiled. No wonder they have to change tubes every year or so.

For you beginners who don't know tube oil: you can really use any high-viscosity oil, though of course audiophile grade oil is best. Apply it to the joins of the tube, to lubricate the current flow for a more even, frictionless transport. The reward is longer lasting tubes, and a smoother and more holographic sound.

Lately, I've been getting a LOT of junkmail.
I usually don't check it, but Craig's List replies keep going to junk.... and those can be money.
However, perhaps Snake oil, definitely BS.... I keep getting an ad for a stun gun... with impossible voltage specs....no way it's that high.

Attachments

• 10M scam.jpg
    10M scam.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 243

I have a similar problem with my central unit every July and August. When I had my new system installed, I had them place a cap on an extension before the trap. I pour Chlorox in it a couple times a year to keep it clean.

What is the equivalent to Chlorox for electrons?

This, from Russ Andrews I enjoyed for it's claims.

It is applied to the Spendor BC1 which is a very highly rated ex BBC monitor loudspeaker. Troels was particularly impressed with the midrange (of the standard BC1) when he reviewed them.

Anyway for the magical qualities if 4capacitors and 6 lengths of internal cable some wool and "wonder solder" £180

"The more unconventional solution – Type B – is to remove the crossover completely, wire the mid/bass direct to the input, then feed the treble with a 2uF Kimber Kap and the Supertweeter with a 0.33uF Kimber Kap. The result of this is revelatory. You usefully gain around 6dBs in sensitivity, a sweeter, clearer treble and a tight, clean and deep bass. The music becomes truly involving, detailed and dynamic, yet still smooth and ‘tidy’. And it plays rock and roll! Interestingly, the frequency response graphs are very similar and the modified one is arguably flatter. I have applied this solution to dozens of speakers now and had very consistent results. Interestingly, much of the ‘characteristic’ distortion I associate with dome tweeters turned out to be an artefact of the crossover networks used; specifically the use of inductors."

This, from Russ Andrews I enjoyed for it's claims.

It is applied to the Spendor BC1 which is a very highly rated ex BBC monitor loudspeaker. Troels was particularly impressed with the midrange (of the standard BC1) when he reviewed them.

Anyway for the magical qualities if 4capacitors and 6 lengths of internal cable some wool and "wonder solder" £180

"The more unconventional solution – Type B – is to remove the crossover completely, wire the mid/bass direct to the input, then feed the treble with a 2uF Kimber Kap and the Supertweeter with a 0.33uF Kimber Kap. The result of this is revelatory. You usefully gain around 6dBs in sensitivity, a sweeter, clearer treble and a tight, clean and deep bass. The music becomes truly involving, detailed and dynamic, yet still smooth and ‘tidy’. And it plays rock and roll! Interestingly, the frequency response graphs are very similar and the modified one is arguably flatter. I have applied this solution to dozens of speakers now and had very consistent results. Interestingly, much of the ‘characteristic’ distortion I associate with dome tweeters turned out to be an artefact of the crossover networks used; specifically the use of inductors."
The original passive x-over may have contained some resistors for fine tuning of amplitude response. The proposed "improvement" ignores all this and supposedly yields more efficiency. And the increased acoustic level certainly opens a totally new sound. :p

It is a well known fact that a small step of increased power level is perceived as "better sound" by most people.

So what, this looks like just another contribution of ignorance topped with ridicolous claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.