Funniest snake oil theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, so quantum entanglement has been experimentally identified and applied. There is actual science behind that. So far I have not seen any real science in the support of Bybees.
Who would take the time, make the effort, spend the money, to prove or disprove the effect of an audio accessory? Is there money, fame, etc, in it for enough independent tests? It's audio, for heaven's sake!

I'm always sceptical when the term 'Quantum' is used in marketing products.

These examples were shown in a talk by Lawrence Krauss or someone that I watched where it is used in marketing. Would be interesting to get his or Brian Green's opinion on some things in audio that use the same buzz word.

Attachments

• Quantum-Sleeper-Bed.png
    Quantum-Sleeper-Bed.png
    415.1 KB · Views: 220
  • tricorder-640x492.jpg
    tricorder-640x492.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 216
From wikipedia -
The adjective "quantum" is frequently used in common parlance to mean the opposite of its scientific definition. A "quantum leap" has been used colloquially since the 1950s to imply a large change, as opposed to the smallest possible change.[13][14] It is also used in a range of pseudoscientific beliefs (quantum mysticism), where the adjective is used to imply that a paranormal event is a consequence of quantum physics

From wikipedia -
The adjective "quantum" is frequently used in common parlance to mean the opposite of its scientific definition. A "quantum leap" has been used colloquially since the 1950s to imply a large change, as opposed to the smallest possible change.[13][14] It is also used in a range of pseudoscientific beliefs (quantum mysticism), where the adjective is used to imply that a paranormal event is a consequence of quantum physics
Yes, if it helps sell something marketeers will use it. That's a good example 'Quantum Leap', I forgot that one.

I see a 22 yr old plot that lacks the parameters of the test.

What it actually looks like is a piece of un-shielded wire stuck
into the input and it's picking up stray noise in the room.

See the attached picture of a piece of wire stuck in my Scope input

Attachments

• Unshielded Probe.jpg
    Unshielded Probe.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 205
I see a 22 yr old plot that lacks the parameters of the test.

What it actually looks like is a piece of un-shielded wire stuck
into the input and it's picking up stray noise in the room.

See the attached picture of a piece of wire stuck in my Scope input
Mine is poorer :devilr:
This spike is from a interefrence occurring sometimes at night
This makes all mains appliances in home to buzz, some loudly

Attachments

• mains 1.jpg
    mains 1.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 192
I might help little: Here are a few pictures, one is where this test was done, the other a slightly better view of the measurement, the third has more info relating to the measurement.
First, what you have to do, you have to find out what the BMI 8800 measures and what format is prints out. Then, you will find that it nulls the 60Hz from the power line and looks at the rest.

Attachments

• ames.jpg
    ames.jpg
    419 KB · Views: 184
  • bybee info early.jpg
    bybee info early.jpg
    552.4 KB · Views: 95
  • Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 97
Then, you will find that it nulls the 60Hz from the power line and looks at the rest.

You can do that with a sound card. Again the notation "intermodulation gone" what intermodulation? There is no experiment outlined here that can be replicated. Ordinary ferrite clamps will reduce/change little spikey stuff on anyone's mains and I can measure that all day long.

I might help little: Here are a few pictures, one is where this test was done, the other a slightly better view of the measurement, the third has more info relating to the measurement.
First, what you have to do, you have to find out what the BMI 8800 measures and what format is prints out. Then, you will find that it nulls the 60Hz from the power line and looks at the rest.
Hi John.
Any ideas on what JB means by absorbing and excluding "specific electrons" ?.

Dan.

Hi John.
Any ideas on what JB means by absorbing and excluding "specific electrons" ?.

Dan.

As waves or particles, how does he find them? You guys are putting us on aren't you? What does it mean to absorb or exclude an electron where does it go? Sad thing is you can't get any real physicist to respond to this stuff it's so stupid they won't waste their time.

If these things are dissipating quantum noise as heat as they claim, it should be possible to measure that heat in comparison to the heat the resistor on it's own would dissipate.

Unless of course there's some 'majik fisiks' that prevents it from being measured, much like when you ask a psychic why they don't just go get rich betting on the ponies.

I was told by Jack the resistors did get warm by the quantum effect if there was a great deal of energy to dissipate from the quantum process, but usually the added heat should be small, because it operates at such a low level.
By the way, did you notice that the 0.025 ohm resistor in the Bybee device has a rating printed on it of 25W! Yet it looks like a 2 to 5W resistor. How do they make such a resistor with such a high wattage rating in such a small package? Can you do it for 50 cents? (That's what many think a resistor should cost with that size)

Status
Not open for further replies.