Fullrange home theatre

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not a ton difference in cost of 85 vs 125, I would go 125's all around for 7 channel and then do two low end subs... I like overkill so I would go 12 in each corner with a monster amp... ha... of use them as stands for the fonkens up front... Could be really cool...

JP

I figure if you are going to build one cabinet, might as well build them all the same.... simply easier

I think you mean 12" not 12 pieces - that'd be overkill

well, actually for some, not

Joined 2008
Paid Member
French cleat?

Attachments

• french cleat.jpg
    french cleat.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 215
I know... I know... just pushing that fact he would need sub management and some low end assistance. corners are bad i know..... typing and not thinking... I like the idea of fonken stands for 3 8 inch servo subs... whhhhhweeeee....

JP

Canadianites....its 80 here in Wisconsin... bring on global warming, mosquitos, and ticks... uhhhhhgggg

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I know... I know... just pushing that fact he would need sub management and some low end assistance. corners are bad i know..... typing and not thinking... I like the idea of fonken stands for 3 8 inch servo subs... whhhhhweeeee....

We like the idea too... we aren't aiming at subs thou. Chris is working on a woofT for the wide trapezoids as we speak.

Corners can actually be the best place to put subs (especially if you have two -- that is how Chris is doing it.

Canadianites....its 80 here in Wisconsin... bring on global warming, mosquitos, and ticks... uhhhhhgggg

Eastern Canada is having a heat wave too ... they are having temps that we out here in the banana belt, rarely even in the heat of summer.

dave

Sorry for my bad English, what do you think of Fountek fe 85 for a use that? In Europe there are about 9 euros, you have some experience? Thank you.
Biagio.

the only Fountek with which I've had experience is the FR88EX, and to be honest it was somewhat underwhelming for the price $40 USD* - I'd take the Fostex FF85WK, Mark Audio CHR70.3, CSS EL70 over the Fountek

*of course one has to consider the wide range of international market prices and the additional factors in final landed cost

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.