Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

:cool:Very clean an minimal enclosures. Can you tell us more about how they are used, what they do best, system set-up etc.?
TIA

I know the guy who designed them. They are not minimal. ;)
Have a look here:forum.zelfbouwaudio.nl • Toon onderwerp - Concaeve RAPide, klein satelietje in F.A.S.T. configuratie
And this is how he came to this design:forum.zelfbouwaudio.nl • Toon onderwerp - Concaeve RAPide, klein satelietje in F.A.S.T. configuratie]forum.zelfbouwaudio.nl • Toon onderwerp - Concaeve SATelite

I think he was referring to the elegant simplicity of the external aesthetic.

Kudos to the designer / builder: while complex designs are not necessarily difficult to conceive, not all of us have the resources or patience to follow through.

The Vashti Bella Studio Monitor 2.1

Here is a set of RLH/TH studio monitors I designed and helped build for a graduation gift for a friend of mine with a beautiful singing voice. She was using a guitar amp plugged into her Mac to listen to her recordings so I decided to design some nice near field listening monitors for her. The satalites still need some more sanding and another coat of paint and I'll be carpeting the tapped horn subwoofer, but these babies sound fantastic powered by a 15W+15W T-amp.

Attachments

• P1010169.jpg
    P1010169.jpg
    346.1 KB · Views: 2,645
  • P1010170.jpg
    P1010170.jpg
    335 KB · Views: 2,554
  • Vashti's studio.jpg
    Vashti's studio.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 2,415
I forgot to give details. The wide-range drivers are Tang Band W2-748SGs the horns go down to 100hz, and the tapped horn has an MCM 55-2421 8" Subwoofer than goes down to about 35Hz in this cabinet. They are all connected to a 15W + 15W T-amp that I bought on ebay, with the sub connected bridged. I didn't think this would work but the left and right still seem to have seperation so all is well I guess. Probably too low of an impedence on the amp but it sounds good. The TB are considerable more sensitive than the sub so I'll be installing L-pads in the sats the sub has a coil on it that seems to be attenuating the mids fairly well, I don't know it's value as I just found it lying around. I'll probably look for some good sized caps to put on the sats just to keep them from popping when they are cranked. Please feel free to respond and ask questions.

RS 40-1354 in Bob Brines Folded ML TQWT

I found a pair of Realistic 40-1354 on the cheap. I had some tiger maple cabinet doors that I salvaged from a dumpster and decided to build Bob Brines Folded ML TQWT

Brine Acoustics

For my ears, the need some HF help. I found some ribbon tweeters for $1, crossed with 2.2uf cap. It seems to do the trick.

I was a nice project. They sound quite nice. Did not have to use BSC.

There are additional pictures in link below

RS 40-1354 More Pictures

Attachments

• 40-1354 ML TWQT.JPG
    40-1354 ML TWQT.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 2,162
The tweeters the circular electrodynamic ribbonss Steve @ ApexJr sells?

Blue phase plugs? Did they come with...

dave

Tweeters, close. From apex surplus, steve's brother. I think it is the same one. I visit both stores, I almost buy the ones from Jr for $5, but I found them hidden in a corner at Sr.

The plugs, I made them. The drivers were new in their box.

Alfredo