Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

soundbrigade said:
My cabinet (and cabinets):

The speakers (the red one) next to is bigger brother (6½" Sonido driver) at a DIY meeting in Gothenburg a month ago:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I happened to get a chance to listen to these speakers, at the event in Sweden.

They are very nice. Among the best speakers at the show.

Magura :)

Nice looking work. How long did it take you to do the filter?

Who, me? if so, thanks!

The filter didn't take too long. Well, the first one did, as I was figuring out how to get the darn wires to stay in place while I soldered them! Second one went pretty quick. If I were to do another set I'd say.. 20 minutes for the pair? Having a drill press handy for making all the holes is really helpful :)

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
A Quartet of mFonken

The one on the far right has a stock driver (matches within 0.1 dB of the one on the left)

quartet-mFonken.jpg

dave

Nice work, but the base is way too small. My original bases were 50% wider and twice as deep as those, and the cabs took a pretty good beating getting knocked over, as these are in a bedroom rig and out into the room.

I had to make super-bases for them to get the platform stable enough and them bottom heavy enough to stand firmly.

So you may want to make some adjustments to the mounting platform.

Wha' DIYa know? said:
I'm discovering just what kinda Weeble Hornets these things really are. They wobble like crazy if you breath on them.

May have to do something about that. Just about tipped one this afternoon. Caught it. Not before it teetered out of the floor protecting disc things, and put little pin marks on my wood floor!

Grrrr.

Brenton

Once you know where you want them to live, screw them to the floor with lag bolts. :smash: That kind of little thing can be patched up if you ever sell the house before your MTBF runs out. If it runs out first, you won't have to worry about it!

full range speakers with clamps

here are my new full range speakers with clamps, made from pine frames glued together to make the cabinets, a 2-1/2 inch full range Yamaha drivers. nice sound from the cabinets. there is a small hole in the rear for bass. there is a nice sound stage and depth with these. very surprised and happy :)

Attachments

• box 1.jpg
    box 1.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 3,806