Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

No BSC as of yet. And they deviate quite a bit from GM's design - the cross sectional area is 25 in^2 instead of the specified 30 in^2. I have them right up against the wall, so I think that is removing the need for BSC right now - though when I pull them out into the room, they definitely thin out. However, I have a 5 year old and a 3 year old running around, so they will remain at the wall for the near future.

Di-pole front horns

Design originated here: http://timeandtubes.blogspot.com/
I built them this past weekend.
I used a Fostex 126E and run them without a crossover. Subs come in around 150hz and are connected to pre-outs. They are a di-pole design, so nothing is behind the driver. They sound very good.

Attachments

• codblog.jpg
    codblog.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 4,168
Re: Di-pole front horns

cervelorider said:
Design originated here: http://timeandtubes.blogspot.com/
I built them this past weekend.
I used a Fostex 126E and run them without a crossover. Subs come in around 150hz and are connected to pre-outs. They are a di-pole design, so nothing is behind the driver. They sound very good.

would it be too much trouble asking u to start a new thread on fullrange forum, to give us more details on dimensions etc?

gychang

di-pole front horn

For some reason it won't allow me to start a new thread without doing a "search" first? If someone else can successfully start a new thread, I'll post a reply in that.
I've e-mailed the designer to see if it is okay to post the CAD drawings of this speaker. In the meantime, if you want to put a saw to the wood, e-mail me and I'll send the dimensions to you.

Hello all!

I just started on this site so... forgive me my clumsyness.
I drew up the Conical Open Dipole Horns a long time ago...
I'll try to get a PDF attached so you can see the dimensions.
The re-design I did for cervelorider allows any full range speaker up to 170mm.
That would be a FE166E for example.
I use them with a FE103.
The need a little support at the bottom, I use a Clipsch Eckhorn at a very low level...
All run of a 1.5W amp..

Re: Nice

Phil Townsend said:
Very elegant design...
Will you share the dimensions so I can build one pair?
I would love to try your design on my 5Dnf Feastrex drivers.
Phil

This is what I run them with....
The purest of the pure..
1 dissimilar Triode.
Class A
Single Ended
Single tube
12 components per channel.
1.5W
With nothing in the signal path, apart from the tube of course...

6EM7.
After you've listened to this, you'll never want anything else anymore...

Attachments

• dscn1084-1.jpg
    dscn1084-1.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 3,842