Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

Hi XRK971

The amazing baffle-less open baffle grew a little, now with Ultimax 18s

UMA2.JPG

Hi everyone!
This is my 1st post since joining in. I just want to share My Diatone P610MBs.
I gotta say, placement is crucial with these as they are beamy. But when i found out how to set them up correctly, it's a revelation.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I can't say why, but there's something 'right' about this speaker !

ICG

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
You're not the first person to say that. The late Siegfried Linkwitz also saw no benefit. Clearly Celestion and Legacy disagreed and Vic (Trans-Fi Audio UK), whose speaker it is, still disagrees, but perhaps it's a discussion for another thread.

The only advantage it got is the contraption stands better but you can get that effect much cheaper (water or sand bucket). Well, since you don't gain more effective membrane surface nor deeper fs because they aren't coupled or lower distortion, I have to admit it's indeed more a discussion for 'hifi voodoo' and the like.

I love the Diatone P610MB even tho I never heard them. They represent an honest attempt at a full range driver and they get very close. Simple speaker that gets to the heart of the music. Well done. Enjoy.

couldnt said any better! these speakers are silky smooth. listening to michael jackson's she's out of my life made me cry no kidding thats how good they are. thanks for your kind words. cheers!

My first speakers! Drivers i used are Dayton Audio PS220-8 8". Box is built from MDF. Other materials used leather, teak veneer, metal, copper. F3 is designed around 48Hz. Box internal size about 86l. They sound amazing. Only complain i have is little bit bright midrange. I'm looking into notch filter building :).
Any recommendations PS220-8 8" owners?
preview

My first speakers! Drivers i used are Dayton Audio PS220-8 8". Box is built from MDF. Other materials used leather, teak veneer, metal, copper. F3 is designed around 48Hz. Box internal size about 86l. They sound amazing. Only complain i have is little bit bright midrange. I'm looking into notch filter building :).
Any recommendations PS220-8 8" owners?

Really nice looking speaker. Congrats!

jeff